19

Seokjin tip toed in the room and peeped in smiling.

"Happy Birthday Eunkyung "
He screamed slowly entering the room ,hiding her favorite chocolates behind his back .

The said sister just turned her face and Seokjin's smile dropped.

He hurriedly walked towards the  bed and asked
"Why are you crying ?"

Eunkyung just pouted wiping her tears.

"Dad had promised he will be home tonight but he went away and mom is always sick .I don't want to celebrate my birthday."

Seokjins demeanor shifted but he didn't let it show on his face.

He sat down on the bed pulling her closer.

"So what ? Me and Mom are here aren't we ? Are we not enough?"
He asked wiping her tears.

"But dad-"

"He must be having some important work ,you know he would not leave if it wasn't right ? "
He said trying to convince her but he already knew what his father was doing.

Eunkyung nodded timidly and Seokjin sighed.He is atleast glad his sister is more attached to him then their father.

"Soo how about you get ready and we will cut the cake .Yoongi oppa is coming too and are you going to be a cry baby in front of him?"

Eunkyung shaked her head violently and yelled.
"Hell no ! I am not a child anymore .I am 13 now "

Seokjin smiled as he watched his sister trying to act like a big girl.

"Ofcourse you are ,now how about you go get ready and I will go check on mom."

She nodded vigorously getting off the bed running to her closet.
Seokjin sighed getting up and walking out towards his mothers room.

As soon as he entered he yelled
"Mom ! Why did Dad went away tonight ! Does he not know or does he not care anymore ?"

His mother who was sitting on her bed immediately wiped her tears looking up but Seokjin wasn't going to waver.

"He has some important work, you know he would never-"

"He is running a fucking gang ,that's what he is doing mom !"

His mother's eyes widened as she gaped at her son.Since when did Seokjin knew?

"W-what are you saying Jin-ah"

Seokjin went to close the door and came back standing in front of his mother with his hands folded

"You know I am saying the truth ,no point in hiding now"

"Seokjin-ah"
His mother said tiredly and Seokjin softened.

"How is your health? Any pain now?"
He asked eyeing the medicine box and sighed when he saw she hadn't took her medicines today.