Chapter 13 Part 5

Walking in the dark and cold forest makes me jumpy by a lot, however I don't feel as bad when I am with Uesugi, I feel..secured.

How is he not scared of what lurks in this forest?

The fact that he can keep his composure is beyond impressive to me couple with the fact that he does not show any signs of being terrified on walking in the darkness especially in a forest.

"Uesugi, how come are you not scared?" I asked.

He looked at me with a numb look on his face as he then answered.

"I assume that it is because of my lack of care in mostly everything that I am like this."

"Eh..but you do care for some things as well don't you?"

He then shift his face onwards.

"Perhaps." He answered.

In my honest opinion, there is no one in the academy as mysterious as this guy I am walking along with, who really knows what this guy really is? I have an intuition that he definitely is a person that is hiding something, could be strength or wits, I could not bring myself in a scenario where I would eventually uncover it.

The sheer aura of his presence alone gives me goosebumps for no reason, a typical reaction when one comes across with something bone-shivering or dangerous, perhaps this is an indication that Uesugi himself isn't a man to mess with. Well it could really be just my body having issues, however I have come across with people like Hoga or Kuma and yet I somehow feel a lot more lax with them compared to being with Uesugi. I am a hard to impress woman when it comes to men, so this truly is an opportunity to thoroughly pry on how this man really acts, and maybe..just maybe-

*Slap*

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING HINATA?! COME ON FOCUS FOCUS!" I thought to myself right after I slapped myself.

I can feel the redness of my face from that slap and it was loud enough for Uesugi to take notice and halt in his tracks.

"Hmm? Is there something wrong?" with his usual emotionless yet handsome face he checked on me.

"WAAAAAAH!!!"

I can definitely feel myself blushing.

"N-nothing." I bashfully answered.

"Hmmm.." he wondered as he then came closer to me and checked on my reddish face from both being slapped and blushing.

"OH LORD...IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?! QUAJHEEUDHEHDJFHJAHS. STOP IT HINATA WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU FANTASIZING ABOUT?!"

I thought to myself in a very highly excited manner, as I just realized that he was touching my face.

"EH? His hands...I can definitely feel the warmth of it penetrating through his gloves..."

I lost focus and almost gestured to holding his hands back.

"You really should have a much better way of coping with your nervousness Hinata-san." Uesugi softly said with no hint of strong emotions shown from his voice.

I then came to my senses again as I heard those words.

"Yeah..right.." I disappointedly nodded.

I was so distracted by my super strong emotions that I forgot that we were still in the forest.

"Let us keep going Hinata-san." he said all while lifting his hands away from my cheeks.

I then nodded in respond.