Chapter 24

Arizona's P.O.V:

"What was that?" Teddy asks me as I walk into the kitchen the following morning.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, pretending not to understand what she was getting at. I knew what she was getting at. She's talking about the kiss Callie, and I shared last night in my room.

"Don't play stupid, Zo. I'm better at it than you," she smirks, "You and Callie had your tongues down each other's throats last night when I walked in and if I had walked in moments after that, I probably would've seen something I shouldn't have,"

"Like what? we only shared a kiss, that was it," I say with a shrug. I pour myself a cup of coffee then joined her at the table.

"Well, if I hadn't walked in, you two probably would've been doing some very naughty things to each other. Something that happens without clothes on," I let out a chuckle as I took a sip of my coffee.

"Never know. I mean would that be a bad thing?" I ask her.

"On my part, yes. Because that's the last thing I want to see. My sister-in-law, who's also my best friend, naked with a woman who she recently ghosted after a one-night stand,"

"I'm finally coming around, okay. I mean, is that really a bad thing?"

"No, I'm honestly happy for you. But I'm also scared that this is just all a game to you and that you're going to end up hurting her in the long run. Callie has feelings you know, and that girl is crazy about you,"

"I know that, Teddy. I'm not an idiot. And I'm not just playing games with her. We've been spending time together for the past month and a half. And the more time we spend together, the more I'm coming around. I feel differently than I did a few months ago,"

"Differently how?"

"Well, the day I told her about the baby, I also told her that I only wanted to be friends and raise the baby only as friends,"

"And now?"

"And now, after spending time with her, I think I want more than that. I want to be more than just friends with her,"

"Have you told her that?"

"Kind of,"

"What do you mean 'kind of'?"

"What I mean is that last night, I was playing this song, mainly for the baby, but then I had her listen to it, then I told her that was exactly how I felt about her,"

"Then you guys kissed after that...the one that I pretended I didn't witness," she says with a smirk.

"I guess you can say that," I say with a smile. Her smile widened, then shakes her head.

"Never thought I'd see the day. Arizona Robbins is finally coming to her senses,"

"Yeah, Yeah," I say, giving her a playful smack on the arm.

"So, what's your next step?"

"I don't know, maybe go on a date or something. She's not getting into my pants that easily again," I say. We both fall into a fit of giggles.

"Take her somewhere nice. Oh, and dress sexy...she would love that,"

"I'm almost five months pregnant, there is nothing sexy about that,"

"Oh, believe me, women can never resist a pregnant woman, trust me," She grabs my phone off the table, and pulls up Callie's contact, "Here, call her, ask her out. Once she says yes, we're going shopping," I snatch my phone out of her hand then hang up the phone.

"What are you doing? It was ringing,"

"I will call her later. She's busy right now," I tell her. A second later, my phone starts to ring. I look at the caller I.D. It was Callie calling back.

"Go on, answer it before she hangs up," Teddy smirks

"I can't believe you, Teddy," I growl. I hit the green button and put the device to my ear, "Hello?"

"Arizona? Did you try calling me?" I fell silent a minute. I didn't know what to say other than the fact that I'm going to smack my sister-in-law for putting me on the spot. "Arizona, you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here. and yeah, I tried calling you," I finally get out.

"Are you okay? Is the baby, okay?"

"Yeah, everything is fine. We're both fine, Mama," I assure her, placing a hand on my stomach, "I was just calling to see what your plans were tomorrow night?"

"My plans? Honestly, I was just going to stay in and maybe watch a movie or something. Why what's up?" Perfect! Now's my chance. Ask her out.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me, you know, like a date," the line was silent for a minute. In that split time, my heart starts to race. She could either agree to go out with me, or she could deny my invite...

"I'd love to," she finally replies. I could hear the smile behind her tone, and I nearly jumped out of my seat with excitement, but I did my best to keep my cool under control.

"Great! How does 7 o'clock sound?"

"7 o'clock sounds great"

"Awesome," Awesome? What the hell Robbins? "I'll talk to you later, Callie,"

"Talk to you later, Arizona," After hanging up the phone, I look at Teddy and smiled.

"She said yes," I say with pure excitement.

"I knew she would," she says, pulling me into a headlock, "come on, we're going shopping," FUCK!!

*So, seems like Arizona is coming around. About to have their first date. Think Callie will say something about her business trip that Friday? Guess we will see. *