Chapter 56

Arizona's P.O.V:

It's been two weeks since Callie met up with her mom and even though things didn't go all that well, the two Latinas still continued to stay in touch. I've overheard conversations between the two and then heard Callie mention something to her about meeting Noah and me. So, Callie and I had talked and decided to have Lucia over to have dinner so we could officially meet. To say that I'm nervous would be an understatement. I mean, finding out what really happened, I'm not sure what to say to the woman. We had only talked for a brief moment that day she showed up at our door unannounced, so, I'm afraid of saying the wrong thing. A million thoughts raced through my mind as I got myself ready.

"Arizona," Callie calls out, "are you about ready? Lucia will be arriving shortly, and dinner is just about ready,"

"I'll be out in a minute," I holler back. Since I'm officially meeting my so-called mother-in-law, I decided to be a little comfortable, yet a little presentable. A pair of tight jeans that hugged my ass and a nice white button-up blouse. When I finally finished putting on the final touches of my makeup, I finally exit the bathroom. Callie was sitting on the edge of the bed with Noah in her lap. Her face fell when she saw me, "well?"

"You look amazing... as always, I might add," she says with a grin. She squints her eyes and leans forward to get a better look at me, "and are you wearing makeup?"

"I am, actually," I say with a chuckle, "I picked it up today. I figured I'd look presentable meeting the woman that gave birth to my wife, for which, I am very thankful," 

"Right. Well, we better head out to the other room, she will be here in just a few," she stands from the bed and gets Noah situated on her hip. She places her hand on the small of my back and escorts us out into the living room.

 Once the table was set for dinner, the doorbell rang. Letting us know our guest had finally arrived. 

"Tell me why I let you talk me into this?" Callie asks nervously, handing Noah to me.

"Because you were the one who decided it would be good for the both of us. Besides, if it didn't go too well, we have the right to kick her out," I say.

"Oh, right. Okay, well, I guess here goes nothing," as she went to walk away, I pull her back, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"It's going to be okay, Calliope," I assure her, "now, go let our guest in," as she walked away, I give her a light tap on the ass, which earns me a small laugh. She opens the door and I hear Lucia's voice.

"Hello, Calliope," 

"Mom," Callie answers, clearing her throat, "thank you for coming...again,"

"Of Course," the woman says, entering our home. 

"Mrs. Torres," I politely say to our guest.

"Lucia, please," the woman says with a warm smile. Callie joins us a few minutes later, then introduces us.

"Lucia...Mom, this is Arizona, my wife," she says, coming to stand next to me, "and this is our son, Noah," Lucia walks more towards us and holds her hand out for me to shake, which I happily do.

"It's nice to officially meet you, Lucia," I say, still trying to be polite.

"It's nice to meet you too, Arizona. And it's nice to meet you, Noah," Lucia coos, "Oh, you're just the cutest, aren't you," Callie and I look at each other, then back at the woman in front of us.

"Dinner is ready," Callie says, cutting off her interaction.

"He looks so much like you, Calliope," Lucia states, "and I can definitely see Arizona in him too,"