Chapter 57

Callie's P.O.V:

It was finally July. These past couple of months have been crazy. I reunited with my Mom after thirteen years. I've still been a little uneasy with the whole thing, but with a little push from Arizona, I decided to give her a chance. Everything has been going well at the label. The business has picked up a lot, so I found myself working longer hours. The renovations are going great and right on schedule, just like I hoped. 

When I walk through the door of my home at a quarter to seven, the living room was quiet. Arizona and Noah were nowhere in sight. 

"Hello?" I call out to my wife. I saw her car out front, so I knew she was home.

"Callie..." Arizona shrieked from down the hall.

"Yeah, hi I'm home...everything okay?"

"Callie!!!" I hear her shriek again. Hearing my wife scream out my name the way she did caused my mind to panic. Thinking something bad has happened, I quickly hang my keys on the hook next to the door and bolt down the hall toward my wife's voice.

"Arizona? Where are you?" I ask, a little freaked out. 

"Noah's room, come here, hurry,"  I raced to Noah's room, and just when I open the door, I see Noah fall on his butt.

"What? What's wrong?" I ask. Arizona looks at me with a wide smile on her face.

"He walked! He walked, Callie. Our son walked," she chuckles, "Come here, Watch," I move into the room and kneel down in the same position my wife was in on the opposite side of the room. She grabs Noah and gets him situated in a standing position. "Alright, ready Mama?" I smile and give her a nod. She lets go of Noah and I watch with a big smile as my son takes a few steps toward me. 

"Come on, No," I say, giving him a little motivation, "Come to Mama," Noah takes a couple more steps toward me, but when I reach out to grab his little hand, he falls down on his butt again. I laugh as I scoop up my son and give him several kisses on his cheek, "you did it, buddy. I'm so proud of you," I hold my son close and kiss the top of his head.

"That was amazing," Arizona shrieks, crawling over to us. Our son walked for the first time and I feel like my heart was about to burst. I knew it was bound to happen the way he had been pulling himself up, but I didn't expect it to now. 

"Yeah, I gotta say, that was a pretty amazing thing to see," came a voice from the doorway. Arizona and I look toward the door and see Tim and Teddy standing there with big smiles on their faces.

"Tim!" Arizona yelps. She jumps up and dashes toward the doorway and nearly jumps into her brother's arms.

"Hey, little sis," he laughs, "it's great to see ya," he places her back down on the floor and then takes a step back, "look at you, you look great. Hey Cal," 

"Hey, what you guys doing here?" I asked, a little surprised myself.

"Oh, home on leave. Just finished boot camp,"

"Aren't you suppose to have a graduation or something?" Arizona asks him.

"Oh, that was last week," he chuckles. He walks into the room and reaches down for me to pass Noah to him, "hey big man, awesome job walking. Uncle is proud of you,"

"Wait, last week?" Arizona asks again, more confused, "why didn't we get an invite?"

"Didn't want to make a big deal out of it, Zo," he says, bouncing Noah in his arms. Arizona looks at me, but I give her a knowing look to drop the whole thing.

"So, how long are you home for?" I ask my brother-in-law.

"A few weeks. We get to have a few weeks with our family before we get shipped out," he says to me.