Chapter 9

Arizona's P.O.V:

Stepping out into the cold winter night, the snow had finally started the fall. It felt like the temperature had dropped a couple degrees while we were inside the bar. My body was shaking from the cold as we walked along the streets of Seattle. The way Callie was pulling her coat tight around her body, I couldn't tell if she was cold, or she was too nervous to start a conversation.

"I hope this is okay," she finally says.

"Hope what is, okay?" I questioned.

"Us leaving together tonight. I just wanted some quiet and get to know you better is all,"

"Oh, no it's perfectly okay," I say to her, "I was ready to leave anyway,"

"Okay, good. So...tell me a little bit about yourself. I want to know everything,"

"Well, I'm 18, originally from Baltimore. I'm a freshman in college..."

"Wait, hold on," she says, stopping us both, "You're only 18?"

"Yeah," I say to her, "Is that an issue?"

"Yes, I mean no. No, it's not an issue. I just thought that with you being in a bar, you would be at least 21,"

"No, I'm not 21. Not yet. I just turned 18,"

"Wow, Okay," she says, sounding a little surprised, "That's perfect. I just served alcohol to a minor," With the way she said that I couldn't tell if she was angry or not. I mean, she could've gotten in trouble giving me alcohol if we had gotten busted.

"How old did you think I was?" I ask her.

"At least 21," she says with a chuckle, "but it's fine. Really. So, what else is there to know about you?"

"Well as I said, I'm from Baltimore and I'm a freshman in college," I finish telling her.

"Oh, for what?"

"Music actually. I want to be a music producer. I want to be able to make all artist dreams come true, you know,"

"Yeah, I do," she smiles, "Hey, I think that's amazing. So, what do your parents do?"

"Nothing, actually," I say sadly. Callie's face fell from a smile to a frown. I don't really talk about my parents to too many people, but Callie really seems different.

"Oh, I thought you said your Dad moved you guys here because of his wo.."

"He did. But that was before him and my mom died in a car accident 6 months ago,"

"I'm so sorry," she says sincerely, "must be hard to lose both parents so young,"

"Yeah, it is," I quietly say, "but it's fine, I'm dealing with it," It was silent for the remainder of the walk. We continue to walk for a few minutes, then stop in front of a brick building.

"Is this where you live?" I ask her.

"Yeah. Want to come up for a bit? Maybe have another drink with me?"

"Are you sure about that?"

"Why wouldn't I be sure?" she asks.

"Well because I'm not 21. And you'd be giving another drink to someone under 21,"

"Well, this would be our little secret. How's that?"

"I can live with that," I say smiling. She grabs my hand, and we walk into her apartment building. As make our way through the lobby, the butterflies in my stomach started to go crazy. Unless that was just the alcohol I had at the bar. But either way, my stomach was in knots. As we entered the carriage, I watched her tap the number 5, then watched the doors shut.