Chapter 28

Callie's P.O.V:

"Calliope," My father announces as Arizona and I walk into the recording studio, hand in hand.

"Hi, Daddy," I greet my old man. He places a kiss on my cheek, then looks over to Arizona.

"You must be Arizona. Calliope has told me so much about you," my dad rambles. She looks over at me and her dimples instantly pop.

"Good things, I hope, Calliope," she says to me.

"Always," I say to her, returning the smile, then turn back to my father.

"So, what's going on?"

"Nothing that needs to be messed with right now, Calliope," my father says, "So, Arizona, it's nice to finally meet you. Calliope has says some nice things about you,"

"Its nice to meet you too, sir," Arizona says to him.

"Oh, no need to be formal. You can call me Carlos," he says.

"Well, then, it's nice to meet you too, Carlos," she corrects herself, then reaches out to shake his hand. Instead, he pulls her into a tight hug.

"He's a hugger," I say to her, "Daddy, you can let go now,"

"So, would you ladies be kind of enough to join me for dinner tonight?" He asks, looking between the two of us.

"We'd love to," Arizona says, then looks to me, "won't we, Calliope,"

"Of course," I finally answer, "But can we see what I came here to do though?"

"Of course," he says, then leads us into the direction of the sound booth.

"Calliope, huh?" Arizona purrs into my ear.

"I don't like that name," I whisper back.

"But it sounds so...sexy," I just roll my eyes at my girlfriend as we follow my dad to where we needed to go.

"In here," he says, pointing us in the small sound booth.

"I'll only be a minute," I say, turning to Arizona.

"Take your time. I'm just going to look around," she tells me. I follow my dad into the booth.

What was only supposed to take a minute turned more into a couple of hours.

"Yeah, it's shot, Dad. We're going to have to order a whole new board. So, I'll get on the phone with our supplier and see if they can get us one here today,"

"Very well," as I went to leave to go look for Arizona, my dad stops me at the door, "she's very sweet, Calliope. I really like her. Definitely, a step up from that Erica chick you were with,"

"Yeah, well, Erica was a cheating skank," I reply.

"She is much younger than Erica, but she's beautiful and very respectful,"

"Yeah, she is," I say, giving him a slight nod, then left the room to find my girlfriend.

"Arizona?" I call out, as I walk the halls of the studio, "where are you?" I open each door to see if she was in the room but always came up empty. When I opened the door to the last room at the end of the hall, I spotted my girl sitting in the recording booth, singing into the mic in front of her. I stood in the tech booth with her knowing and watched her sing her heart out to a song that I never heard of.

"You always made my troubles feel so small and you were always there to catch me when I'd fall in a world where heroes come and go Well God just took the only one, I know So I'll hold you as close as I can Longing for the day when I see your face again but until then......" I stood there, watching her sing, tears running down her face, "God must need another angel Around the throne tonight Your love lives on inside of me And I will hold on tight It's not my place to question Only God knows why I'm just jealous of the angels Around the throne tonight Singin' hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah I'm just jealous of the angels Around the throne tonight," After her song came to an end, tears stung my own eyes. Whoever wrote that song, wrote it so beautifully. It was definitely a tearjerker. I cleared my throat, then tapped the intercom button on the keyboard to make myself known.

"That was beautiful, babe," I say to her. Her eyes turn to me in an instant.

"Sorry, I didn't think anyone was watching," she says, putting the headphones back on the stand.

"You don't have to stop. Do you want to do another one?" I ask her. She gives me a smile, then grabs the headphones once more and puts them back over her ears. I take a seat in the chair and put the headphones that were in the booth with me on.

"Actually, hold on," she says, holding up her index finger. She puts the headphones down once more, then grabs the guitar that was sitting in the corner, then retakes her spot on the stool. She starts strumming the strings softly, then begins.

"This one is for you Calliope," she says. Just the way my full name rolled off her tongue really did something to me. It gave me a great feeling. "I can't count the times. I almost said what's on my mind, But I didn't and just the other day I wrote down all the things I'd say But I couldn't I just couldn't. Baby, I know that you've been wonderin' Mm, so here goes nothin' In case you didn't know Baby, I'm crazy 'bout you And I would be lyin' if I said That I could live this life without you Even though I don't tell you all the time You had my heart a long, long time ago In case you didn't know," As I sat there, watching my girlfriend sing, a smile forms on my face. Watching her sing her heart out really did something to me. She strums the keys once more and continues to sing, "The way you look tonight That second glass of wine That did it Mm There was somethin' 'bout that kiss Girl, it did me in Got me thinkin' I'm thinkin' One of the things that I've been feelin' Mm, it's time you hear 'em In case you didn't know Baby, I'm crazy 'bout you And I would be lyin' if I said That I could live this life without you Even though I don't tell you all the time You had my heart a long, long time ago In case you didn't know You got all of me I belong to you Yeah, you're my everything In case you didn't know I'm crazy 'bout you I would be lyin' if I said That I could live this life without you Even though I don't tell you all the time You had my heart a long, long time ago Yeah, you had my heart a long, long time ago Mm In case you didn't know No, no In case you didn't know," After she finished, she closes her eyes and smiles, which I return. I take a minute, then hit the intercom button once more, "You know, that should be our wedding song someday," She opens her eyes, and the smile that was present before grew wider.

"One day," she says.

*Another Chapter done. Hopefully, it's not too bad. Let me know what you think *