Chapter 30

Arizona's P.O.V:

"She told you she loved you?" Teddy asks, taking a sip of her coffee. Callie and I have been back from Miami for two days now. Ever since we've been back in Seattle, my phone has been quiet. I've even tried calling her a few times, but she never picked up, and not once has she returned my calls.

"Yeah, she did. She said it right after we had sex," I say.

"What did you...wait, what? You guys had sex?"

"Yeah, we did. Twice. And I didn't say anything. I mean, what could I say? It came out of nowhere, Teddy. So, I pretended I didn't hear her and just rolled over,"

"Well, one, you could've told her you loved her too,"

"But I don't know if I do though, Teds," I say. Truth is, I do love her. I've been in love with her since that first night.

"Yes, you do, Arizona. You're just scared. And that's okay. Love is scary," Ain't that the fucking truth. I sit quietly, thinking about Callie. Her words lingering in my mind.

"Okay, maybe I do. But I didn't want to say it back right after we just had sex. I want the moment to be special,"

"Well, that there is a special moment,"

"Oh yeah, like I'm just going to come right out and say, 'Oh thanks for the sex, I love you too," I growl, "Love is fucking complicated," I covered my face with my hands and let out a loud groan. Teddy just laughs and rolls her eyes at me.

"You're the one making it complicated. You need to get your head out of your ass and tell her how you actually feel. If you love her, tell her. If not, still, tell her,"

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I say, standing from my spot at the table.

"Where are you going?" Teddy asks as I grab my keys from the hook by the door.

"I'm going to go talk to Callie," I tell her, then head out. I've never been to Callie's work, so I had to google 'Torres Records' just so I knew where I was going.

When I pulled into the parking lot, there were several businesses connected to the building that Callie was in, but the name on the door told me I was in the right spot. I cut the engine and got out.

Entering the building, the place was bigger than what it was looking from the outside. There were several people coming and going. A receptionist was sitting behind her desk watching me. Trying to figure out who I was and what I was doing. So, I let out a deep sigh and made my way over to the redhead.

"Can I help you?" she asks, eying me up and down.

"Yeah, I was looking for Callie Torres?"
"Do you have an appointment?"

"No, I don't. But she's my...." I try to say but was instantly cut off.

"Ms. Torres will only see you if you have an appointment,"

"It's okay, April. She's with me," comes a familiar voice. I look over and Callie's standing near the doorway. I smile, then make my way over to where Callie was standing.

"Hi," I greet.

"What are you doing here?" she asks, her tone sounding cold and distant. Apparently, she wasn't as excited to see me as I was to see her.

"I wanted to see you. And hoping that maybe we could talk,"

"Talk about what?"

"Like why you haven't called since we've been back in Seattle,"

"I've been busy, Arizona," she says, crossing her arms, "As you can see, I have a business to run. Many artists come to me for help,"

"I understand that, but you hadn't messaged me to let me know when you've gotten off work or anything. Did I do something wrong?"

"No, not exactly," she says to me.

"Not exactly?" I asked, raising my brow.

"Look, I have to get back," she says, then tries to step around me, but I just block her to keep her from leaving. "Okay, after that day we had sex, I said that I loved you. Twice actually. And you just rolled over, without saying anything. You rolled over like it meant nothing,"

"That's what this is about?" I ask, furrowing my brow, "You ignore me for two days after we spent two amazing weeks together, all because I didn't say 'I love you' back?"

"I said 'I Love you' Arizona. I said it out loud, to your face and I've never said that to anyone, not even my ex. And... and... now, I'm just this big idiot who says 'I love you' and just gets ignored," She tries to move around me once more, but again, I block her way.

"Move, Arizona. Just let me get back to work,"

"I didn't ignore you, Callie," I say to her. She just folds her arms.

"Are you going to say it back?" she asks. I look away for a split second, then back at her.

"No," I say, letting out a sigh. She just shakes her head and tries to leave once more, but I grab her arm to stop her.

"Let me get back to work, Arizona," she says, but I don't budge.

"You're really going to fight me on this? You're going to fight your 6-month pregnant girlfriend? Really Callie?" I put my hands on her face and look into her eyes. "If I say it back right now, you know that I'm just saying it because you said it to me. When I say 'I love you', I want to mean it because.... you just have to give me sometime to mean it, okay?"

"Okay," she quietly says. I lean in and connect her lips with mine.

"Now you can get back to work," I tell her. She just gives me a soft chuckle.

"You know, I'm normally a badass," she says, "I'm never this soft. Not with anyone,"

"You're still a badass. At least to me you are," I smile. I give her another quick peck, then step aside so she can get back to work.

*Another chapter for you. Hope it's not too boring. I'm sorry I didn't give you guys too much fun in the sun with the ladies in Miami. Next Chapter will be another time jump. I don't want to drag the pregnancy out too much. Hope you all enjoy! *