Chapter 20

She got into something comfortable. Shorts and a tank to be specific. She then sat at her laptop. She needed something. Anything really. It might not be the best decision but it was gonna work. One way or another. If only she knew the consequences that come with her actions. But he won. He always managed to be ahead of her. Some way. And some how.All she really wanted was him to be honest. But he lied. Straight to her face. And she thought she knew. But could she be farther behind than she thinks she really is? Could she?

"Laura..." He knocked on the door. She rolled her eyes and continued taking off the excessed makeup on her face. "I know your in there. I'm coming in whether you like it or not." He said. "I'm not decent." She lied. He rolled his eyes and turned the door knob, walking into her room. He closed the door behind him. She didn't turn to face him. She continued working on her beautiful face. So he says. "Nice job at your photoshoot". He said. "Oh it was nothing. Just following through on orders you know." She said. "Come on don't be that way". He said approaching her. She wiped her eye. "Be like what? I'm certainly not doing anything wrong now am I? I just did what I was told to do. I fell through on my part. Where's yours?" She asked pushing past him.He took hold of her wrist. "Don't walk away from me." He growled. "Or what? Its not like I meant anything to you anyway." She said. This stung. If she knew that she did, why did she say it? "Talk to me." He said. "I am. I'm telling you exactly how I feel." She said to him.

She walked away with him trailing right behind her. She opened her bedroom door. He quickly closed and pinned her against it. "I think its best if I don't see you right now. Your doing exactly what you said you wouldn't do." She said. "I'm not. I'm just doing what was best for Lynch." He said. She looked at him shocked. "So basically your putting the company before anything? So that was a lie right? " She asked. He thought about it. "No." He said. She pressed her hands against his chest. "Move please." She said. He didn't budge. "Ross...Please move." She said softly. "Please. Just hear me out." He said cupping her face. She turned away. "Exactly why I didn't want to start something with you. You won't even have time for me." She said rolling her eyes back to reduce the heat. " I'll make time." He said.She shook her head. "See. I told you. I don't want to wait around for you." She said. "You don't have to. Your my secretary. I made you that so I can spend time with you while were at work. And I even made lunch dates together in my schedule." He said.

"That's sweet but lunch dates, always together, that can get people under suspision. I don't want that.I want what you promised me." She said. "I'll give it to you." He said. Her eyes widen in shock. "You will?" She asked him. "Yes. I'll give it to you.Anything you ask for. Just don't turn your back on me." He said. She shook. As tempting as that sounded, she couldn't. Would she be a bad person just thinking of it even for a second? "I..I want whats mine." She said. He nodded and backed away from her. Her back now off the door. He reached in his suit and took out a form. "Are you sure about this?" She asked him. He nodded. Wait. Wait. How did he know? He gave it to her. She looked at him as she opened it. She looked down at the item. "What's this?" She asked. "It's a letter from your dad." He said. She froze. Her throat ran dry. "My da...dad?" She coughed.

"Is this why you don't discipline me as much as the others?" She asked. He nodded. "Your not...No." She said. "What's wrong?" He asked her. He noticed she was a bit disappointed. 'As hard as you find that to believe. Remember to take charge. Own it. You deserve it.' She read over her dad's words. "Where did you get this?" She asked. "My mother." He told her. She shook her head. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked him. He shrugged. "Because there's a time for everything. I'm not trying to do anything. I only want you." He said. She shook her head. "No you don't. You want something else. And right now, your stupid company is much more important than what my dad left for you." She said throwing the envelope at him.

"Why? Why would you think that? I'm here aren't I?" He asked her. She put her hand up. "No. You don't want me. I'm nothing to you." She said. 'Ross is the son of Stormie Lynch. You and him will one day rule the company together as we did.' The words imprinted on her brain. "This is not true. No way did my father kbow your mother. If he did than why did she buy this place? Me?" She asked. He pulled her closer. " Because that was the only way you'd ever join this." He said to her. "Your competing for something that is ready yours". He whispered. She melted. "You...Your protecting me? From what?" She asked realising something. He shook his head. "Will you tell me?" She asked. "Maybe tomrrow....Or just tonight." He whispered in her ear. She warmed up. She felt a weight become lifted off her shoulder.

She hugged him. "I'm sorry." She whispered. He nodded. She took his hand. "I really am." She said. He smiled. She held him tightly. She smashed their lips together. He kissed back wrapping his arms around her waist. It became passionate as their heads moved from side to side. And that was it. She knew it. Her heart was beating out of her chest. She had butterflies sworming in her stomach as his hands held her waist perfectly. She knew it then and there. She was hooked. Like a fish on hook. And she was waiting for him to pull her up. She was in love. She didn't know it. But she fell a bit too hard for this one. Only to find out more of the truth. Maybe more that may or may not break her heart. Better get your claws ready because this one is gonna pinch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well.... Is everyody still with me? Are you all ready? If not then I'll hold off on the ending. But hey! I'm feeling better!! Yay! I love you guys? Please say that made you feel better. Comment and Vote!!!!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥