Chapter 35

He knew he was in the wrong so he was gonna make it right. He got in next to her. "Will you just give me a moment please?" He asked her. She hugged her blanket tighter. He sighed. He heard soft sniffs and sighed. "Laur please..." He begged and hugged her. "Don't touch me." She said. He turned her to face him. "I was wrong. To be fair you hated me. And you probably still do. But I want you to be honest with me completely." He said. She could still see his face clearly in the dark room. He took a deep breath. "Are you still thinking about what you said earlier?" He asked. She didn't say anything and just tried to relax herself. He held her tightly. "I love you. And that's one thing I won't keep from you. I told you and I promised it." He said. She took a deep breath.

"If you were in my place, you'd understand." He said. "I don't understand. Explain it to me." She said. "You have to protect the ones you love. And when you do, you have to keep a lot of things to yourself. Its not that I don't want to tell you. Its best if I don't. You need to just trust me on it. I promise I will tell you everything after its all over." He said. She nodded. "I did but I don't know if I can do that anymore." She said. He sighed. "Just go under the security I have." He said. She looked at the ceiling. "Please..." He said. She then looked at him. If it wasn't for how she felt towards him, none of this would be possible. She slowly hugged him back. "I'm sorry too". She said. He kissed her forehead.

"Anything and everything." She said.He cracked a smile. "Just like that." He said. She hugged him and buried her head in his chest and took a deep breath. "Can I atleast spend the night with you?" She asked. He smiled and nodded. "I was just gonna ask. I'm sorry once again. I should've never put you out there like that. That was wrong." He said. "And I should've accepted the fact that I'm no longer important." She said softly. "Hey. Hey. Look at me." He said lifting up her face. "You'll always be important. To me." He said. She blinked twice. "Your as important to me as this company but you come first." He said. She melted. He held her as if he never wanted to let go. Like they were gonna be torn apart any second now.

"I should've never tried to take away from as valuable from you. Now I've learned my lesson." She said. "I have too. I find you a bit interesting though." He said. She looked at him. "Why?" She asked. "Your strength is your only weakness." He said. She remembered the file. Even though she only got a glimpse of it. Its like she's seen it before. Somewhere out there. But where? "And what is that?" She asked. "Me." He said. She froze and turned sideways. "Why would you say that?" She asked. "Because its true. I'm not saying to be cocky but its true. And same applies for me. Your my strength and my weakness." He said. She looked at him. He felt his heart skip a beat as she curled up to him. "I feel like the world stops turning when I don't see. Like something awful could've happened to you and I wasn't there to help. With you by my side I feel like I can do anything. This was before I wanted to make things more." He said.

"More as in how we are now?" She asked. He nodded. "Yes. You were different. Everyone else would listen but you wouldn't. You'd resist making me a stronger leader. So for that thank you." He said. She giggled lightly. "There you go." He smiled. She sighed. "I kinda just wish you'd just open up to me fully. Its like I'm there in your heart but not fully there. Yes. There's things I may never be included in and yes I may be here and there but where I wanna be has nothing to do with business. Its just you I want. No hidden messages. Just two people who care about each other and exclude all these other affairs." She said. He looked away for a bit. 'Remember she's delicate.' He looked at the girl lying next to him. She was wasn't she?

"Your just the best. You know that..." He trailed off. "Of course I am." She said. He smiled. "Cocky much?" He asked. "Not being cocky. Just confident." She winked. "I guess its why I fell for you in the first place." He mumbled. "What was that?" She asked. He face her and held her close to him. "Its why I fell for you any way. I know what you mean. I kinda warned you about it all didn't I?" He asked her. "See..Can you not make it about that? Please..."She begged. He sighed. "Its consumed so much of my life. I don't know what to tell ya." He said. She nodded and wrapped her arms around him once again. "I love you. And it seems as though you love me too. But in order for this to work, cooperate with me here." She said. He nodded.

"I will. As long as you do the same." He said. She nodded. "No more secrecy after this. Except this who business shit you have going on." She said. He chuckled. "Deal." He said. She held out her pinky. He chuckled. "So childish." He said. She rolled her eyes. "Take it or leave it." She said. He thought to it. "Okay." He said. "Good boy." She said. He laughed. "I killed your goldfish then replaced it. " He then took her pinky and shook with his. "You what!?" She asked. "Doesn't matter. I love you and I'm gonna get you out of this mess." He said. She smiled. "And I love you too." She said. He kissed her. And she kissed back. For real this time. He rolled over pulling her over him. She smiled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucky guesser is @brcha123!!! Congratz my friend! Shoutout to her! The answer was a snail. She was the first to comment it! Anyways here's the next one: Poor people have it. Rich people need it. If you eat it, you die. What is it? Tell me in the comments below! Comment and vote!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥