Chapter 44

They just stared at each other. The lady looked at her watch. "Oh. Its already that time." She chuckled. They never lost their gaze. She tapped her shoulder. She nodded. "Very well." She said as her employees started to pour in. The door opened to the hungry customers starting to pile in. All he could do was stand there and stare at her. She couldn't even move anymore. Her body went numb and her voice faded. It was a intense gaze. No one wanted to break it. They eyed each other as if telling the other one to back off. He approached slowly with the secretary right behind him.

She gripped under the table."Your table is over here." A waiter pointed to the table. He smiled not even paying attention to anyone but her. She looked at his face. Trying to read his emotion. She eyed him. "Sit sir." Secretary said. He cleared his throat. "Sorry. Proceed." She mumbled and jotted down on her tablet. She handed him the roses. He took them and walked over to Laura's table. "May I sit?" He asked her. She was unable to move or say a word. He helped himself and sat down.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her. "I can say the same for you." She mumbled. They stopped their staring contest and her attention focused on the secretary. "Bold aren't we?" She asked. She looked at her. "Excuse me?" She asked. Laura laughed bitterly. "Well. I should get going." She said getting up and placing a 20 on the table. He budged. Making the move that first came to his head. She looked at his hand. "Let go." She said softly. "Don't do this." He said. She sniffed. "Please..." She begged. He sighed as he slowly let go of her wrist. She picked up her purse and made her way out the resturant. He narrowed his eyes and looked in the direction she passed in.

"So I'm guessing that's your girl." The secretary said sitting in her spot. "She is." He sighed. "What's wrong sir?" She asked. "Love. That's what's wrong." He said running his hands through his hair. She walked back in without getting noticed. "I feel like I'm giving more than I should to someone who isn't even doing so. I'm giving but I'm not receiving. But its okay. I deserve it. I always do." He said rubbing his shoulder. "Did you ever just show her?" She asked. He thought about it. "No. No I didn't." He said. "Well then, do so." She giggled. "Its kinda hard to do that when she's not there." He sighed. "Then be there for her." She said. She smiled.

"She wants whatever it is, you give that to her.Everything you do will make its way back to you." She smiled. He nodded. "So should I schedule your meeting with president for tomrrow at noon or 3:30. Those are your only available times." She said looking over the full schedule. "Noon. The sooner, the better." He said. She smiled and typed away. She walked out. "Well I'll make that call and set it all up." She said. He nodded and called over the waiter. "I want a light glass." He said. The guy nodded. "Very well." He said and went away. He sat there patiently and awaited for his drink.

"Sir. Are you okay?" She asked him. "I'm fine". He chuckled. She poked his cheeks. "No your not. We're taking you home." She said. The waiter returned with more drinks. "No thank you. He's had enough." She said. The guy nodded and walked back the other way. She pulled out her phone. "Yes. Robert. He's drowned himself in alcohol. Please come help." She said into the phone. "I can't help with that but sure. I'm on my way." He said. "Hurry." She said and hung up. "Sir. Sir." She called him. He looked at her through glassy eyes. "Come on. Lets go home." She said helping him up.

"Is it hot in here or is it just me?" He asked taking off his jacket. "Okay. We can't lose our professionalism now can we?" She asked. He shook his head and laughed. "No. We are gonna go to the party." He said and stumbled to his feet as he walked away from her. He didn't know where he was going but it just felt like he had to go to this place. "Sir. Please. We need to wait for the car to arrive. Please stand still. And here. Drink this." She handed him a bottle of water. "No. What if you poisoned it?" He asked. "Why would I do that?" She asked. "Everyone is out to get me. Even my closest friends." He said and turned away continuing to walk away.

She followed close behind. "Where are you going?" She asked. "Home."He stumbled. "But its in the opposite direction that your going in." She said. "No. I'm going to my real home." He said taking the bottle of water and poured it on his face. His face was staring to heat up. He thought he could cool it off by doing that. She took a deep breath. "We need to wait for the car." She said looking to see if the limo pulled up. "I'm going home. No limo needed." He said. "Sir. I could get fired. Now please remain calm and stay here please." She directed him. "Did you just tell me what to do?" He asked tilting his head and stopping in place.

"No.." She said nervously. "That house." He said. "What about it?" She asked. "Its speaking to me." He smiled and sat on the steps of it. "Uh...Okay." She said. "YEAH! ITS ONE OF THE PRODUCTIONS!" He suddenly started to shout. She covered her ears and tried to quiet him. "No. Stop." She said. "I'm fine and please don't touch me." He said. She slowly pulled away from him. "Thank you." He said and laid down. She looked around then at her watch. It was getting late and she didn't know what to do. "Where's Robert?" She asked herself. "Ross...." A voice called softly to him. He smiled and turned over on the ground. "I love you." He said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love you guys! You guys mean so much! You guys have no idea how much I appreciate all of you! I love you! I love you all so much! Thank you so much! Comment and Vote!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥