Chapter 43

He rolled over the next morning to an empty bed side. He felt around next to him.Nothing.He sat up. "Laur?" He called out. No response. He looked around for a moment. Processing it. He threw the sheets off and instantly fled to her room. Empty. He walked to the note placed on her pillow. He took a deep breath. He picked it up and looked at it.

'Morning. I see that you have awoken. You shouldn't be mad. I wanted this time for myself. I don't know how long I want to be alone. I just know that this is for the best. I'll be back for sure but don't know when. As soon as I know I'll call you. I love you." He read. He tilted his head back. He took a deep breath and threw the paper back into its place. He sighed. He was angry that's for sure. But what for? She told him she'll be back and he should be happy about that. Other than that, pretty much no reason at all. She wanted to spend some time alone, then he was going to give it to her. That's the only way to bring her back anyway. "I love you too." He said softly.

She took a deep breath and continued walking. She wanted her independence. She didn't wanna stay cooped up like a chicken in the mansion. She wanted to be her own person. Do whatever it is that she had to do. As she walked, people were all giving her strange looks. As if she was never around. She liked the shocked reactions they had on their faces. It only made her feel better about the situation. Only reason why she wanted to be left alone was because she didn't want to get caught up in it. She was warned but she took her chances and thought for a better ending.

"Yes sir. I'll get on that right away. Um...Is there anything else you'd like for today?" His new secretary asked him. He looked at her. Almost a glare. "I'm fine at the moment. But make a reservation at Cliche." He instructed. "Would that be for lunch or dinner sir?" She asked. "Dinner. Make it for two." He said. She blushed. "Alright. What else would you like?" She asked. "A bouquet of roses and a light order of cream and strawberries." He said. She smiled. "Very well." She said and walked off. He rolled his eyes and turned back towards his load of paperwork. There's a lot to take in as a person. Adjusting to change is difficult but we learn to accept them at some point don't we always?

"Yes. I would like that." She smiled as she waited for her tea. Her cup of tea. The nice waiter smiled and walked away from her as she was left there trapped in her own thoughts. 'Why does it have to be such a tough time? Why does life have to be so difficult? Did I do something wrong for it to happen to me out of all people? Did it just have to be me?' She thought to herself. The lady returned and placed the cup in front of her. She then sat in front of her. "Talk to me." She said. She took a deep breath and raised the molting hot cup of tea to her mouth.

"Careful. Its a bit--" She was cut off by a fidgeting Laura. She chuckled. "My taste buds." She whined. The lady laughed. "You seem like you've been under a lot of stress. Tea always helps me." She smiled. She nodded relaxing as she continue to enjoy the cup of tea. "I want to thank you for this." She said reaching into her bag. She picked up a stack of paper and held it out in front of her. The lady shook her head. "I could never accept all of that." She chuckled. "I insist. I have to get rid of it somehow anyway." She said softly. "What? Why?" She asked her. She sighed and looked around. She placed her hand on hers. "I got time." She reassured her. She smiled slightly.

After almost a whole hour of explaining she put her head down and took a deep breath. "So you just walked out?" She asked her. She shook her head. "No. I just need time to clear my head. You know. Because I know he doesn't love me. He loves that company more than he loves anyone else. I'll just be in the way." She said. "Have you actually sat down and asked him where his head was at?" She asked her. "No. He doesn't even have time for me in general. I knew what I was getting myself in, but not this way." She said her throat running a bit dry. She took a deep breath and thought for a moment.

"You left to gather your thoughts but instead your trying to erase anything that has to do with him. Do you plan on changing who you are completely too?" She asked her. She fell silent. "No..." She said. She raised her eyebrow at her. "You have what it looks like a life time of savings in your bag. You tried to give a entire stack of 20's that probably has like 74 bills in it." She said. She shook her head. " Its not what it looks like. I'm just trying to pay you for the help and for listening to me." She said.

"Laura. When you love something or someone, you don't try to forget them so easily. You can't clear their existence by trashing everything they once owned or have a connection to. You cherish them. One day that might not always be there. And this guy, did he make time for you? Did he spend all of his free time on you?" She asked. "He tried." She said. "See.If he made an effort, you should give him credit." She said. "I know. But its just the constant secrets, lies, and---" She stopped talking as she looked at the entrance door. There he stood with his new secretary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome home!!! You guys know I love you guys right!? Comment and Vote!!!!!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥