Chapter 50

"Your what?" He asked. "Yeah. He's my brother." She sighed. "Really?" He asked. "Yes. But you wouldn't want my life story. And so for that, you can stop pretending like you care." She said. "What? I do care about you. And sure tell me. If you want. I don't have to pretend. I already do." He kissed her cheek. She smiled. "Can we just cuddle like promised?" She asked. "Sure. After you tell me why he was here." He said. She chuckled.

"He was here cause he wanted to work on my new establishment." She said. "How did he know about it?" He asked her. "We're siblings. Meaning we once lost a parent to the cause of these diseases. He said knowing me, he said my focus of making things right will focus on the hospital and getting things up and running. Kid was smart. Always smarter than me to be honest. But his attitude was much different than mine." She said. "How so?" He asked. "Well every person takes the death of someone differently. Yes they hurt for a bit but after awhile, they seem to blame themselves or the world." She said playing with her fingers. "Its not your fault." He said.

"I know but Charlie kinda sure made it sound like it was." She said sadly. "What do you mean?" He asked. "I really don't want to talk about it." She said rubbing the ends of her eyes. He held her hands. "I'm here for you." He said. She chuckled and cupped his face. "I know. And here I am making myself look like a dumbass." She chuckled. "Not at all." He said. "Look its just Charlie wants to make it up to me. How? By working for me. I know it sounds bizzare but he owes me."She said. "Laur...Be careful." He said. "He wouldn't." She said. "Was your last encounter with your brother a good one?" He asked. She looked away.

"This is all your fault. I hope your happy! Get the fuck out of my life!" She shuddered. "Yeah." She said. He raised his eyebrow at her. She shook her head. "Just can you please?"She asked. He nodded and laid back. She smiled and rested her head on his chest, silently listening to his beating heart. He reached over entwining their fingers. She smiled. "I just realized how awful it has been without you these past few months." She said. He smiled. "If your not gonna talk about your brother, talk to me about why you left." He said. "How much more do I really have to say?" She asked. "Not much. But tell me you won't do it again." He said. She nodded. "I'm sorry." She whispered. He moved her hair out of her face and kissed her cheek.

"Are you sure!? I'm sure you'd the same thing to me too! I'm sorry is the only stupid thing you can say huh!? Well it won't cut it!" He screamed at her. "It wasn't my fault!"She screamed at him. "It never is!" He shouted. She held her hair in tight fights. "What's the matter? It should've been you instead of her!"He said. She looked at him as tears welled up in her eyes. "I hope you disappear too!" She said angrily. What she said soon became his motto."That's EXACTLY what I will do anyway! You selfish--" She slapped him across the face. "You'll regret that." He chuckled. "Charlie wait! I'm sorry.I--" He cut her off. "Have fun dealing with the Lynch all by yourself!" He shouted and slammed the door shut. She ran her fingers through her hair as tears streamed down her face.

She bolted up. "Woah. Are you okay?" He chuckled. She instantly hugged him. "What's wrong?" He asked. She shook her head. "I just...Do you think he still blames me for it?" She asked him. Just as he was about to respond she cut him off. "No what? Forget it. I'm sorry I asked." She shook violently. "Laur..." He stared at her. She shook her head. "Tell me what you are talking about." He said. "Thank you but no thank you."She smiled weakly. He nodded and just hugged her. He was gonna give her space. He rubbed her shoulder. She laid awake in his arms taking the comfort.

"Why?" She asked. "I'm sorry. I know the memories flooded back and I wanna say sorry about my meltdown about mom." He said in an almost whisper. "Charlie. Its not fair of you to have done that to me. I was 16. And you were almost 18. Why would you do that to me?" She asked as his angry images flashed in front of her. "I know. Look I'm sorry." He said. "Sorry doesn't cut it remember?" She asked coldly. "Look I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything I said. Your my little sister. Instead of comforting you I blamed you for it." He said. She pushed him.

"No. You left me to face someone you knew exactly what they were capable of! What happened to being family huh!?" She asked. "I know exactly what you mean but just hear me out for a moment." He said. "Charlie? How could you?! What was your promise to mom?" She asked him. He looked at her shocked for a moment."What?" He asked trying to regain posture. "I asked what was your promise to mom?" She repeated. "That's between mom and I." He said. And that right there told her exactly what she needed to know. She turned around and started to walk away.

"Laura. Laura! Hold on!" He said. "What kind of brother are you!? You dragged me into that mess. You can blame me for a lot of things but you can't blame for her death. That's one thing you won't do." She said. "Where are you going?" He called after her. "I'm trying my best." She sniffed. "No don't do that." He hugged her. After almost 6 years. He held his sister. "Sit. I'll tell you everything."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment and Votee!!!!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥