'Precisely!'

I'm back! <3

"It's most likely going to take a lot of practice and training-".

Y/N interrupted eagerly "I'll do it, whatever you say!"

Corintha cleared her throat at the abruptness, taken aback. " Is there a particular reason as to why you're so eager?"

"I just think that since you can't use the crystal to save the universe and stuff, I could". the younger of the two replied, thumb stroking the currently dormant stone.

"If you listen, it'll be easier- so listen closely".

Y/N nodded silently.

"You and the crystal are going to have to form a bond together, it's quintessence and yours have to sort of mix together before you can go and do anything drastic".

Y/N's eyes widened "How do you define drastic?" She squirmed as Corintha raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"I don't know, like blowing up a tree by pumping it with quintessence or something".

Oh.

Y/N felt her mouth drop open "let's say I blew up a tree because that exact scenario happened, what would you say?"

"You did that, didn't you?"

"...what if I said yes?"

"Corintha let out a long-suffering sigh "in short, advisable; we'll work around it but for now, don't do anything else unless I specifically instruct you. Understand?"

An attentive nod was passed.

"First of all, you'll have to learn how to perform minor tricks with it - but you don't know how do you?"

"No".

Corintha nodded "a minor setback but that's fine as long as you understand handling quintessence, stones or magic at all".

"Well, on earth. We don't really have anything to do with magic ". Y/N scratched the back of her head, rather sheepishly.

"What".

Corintha stared in disbelief, it was clearly a hard subject to grasp. She closed her eyes, inhaled before opening them and facing her sister.

"Well, we certainly have our work cut out for us. No matter, I'll teach you anyway, shouldn't take too long".

"So I have to learn from the very beginning? Now how am I gonna become a master AND absolutely fucking amazing in like, two weeks?!" She threw her hands up.

"Weeks?"

"Movement".

"Oh. I can see you managing some moderate defence mechanisms, but not becoming a 'master'".

Y/N slumped "Aw, but I wanna become fucking awesome!"

Corintha smirked a little "if you want to become 'fucking awesome' you're gonna have to listen so I can show you how to do basic manoeuvres ".

"Oh right, sorry. Go on".

"Good, do you have -"

"ALLURA?!"

Rudely interrupted by a chorus of voices, Y/N jumped in shock before waving a hand dismissively "just carry-on, it's probably not important".

The older girl brightened up noticeably "I was going to anyway. You've got the crystal, right?"

Kevin was presented.

"Remember when you took the life out of that rat? Try with that plant instead, I'll guide you through it".