life force

ngl idek why this took so long to write but its here now!!!

"Keith, the black lion hasn't responded to any of us, You have to try"

 The red paladin looked around for help. None was offered.

Exasperatedly, Keith sighed and stepped into the lion, dread dragging his feet like heavy weights whilst several pairs of eyes observed the mechanical lion. 

It took a mere few seconds for the lion to light up, purple light shining incandescently in the case of the opened-mouthed paladins; its jaw unhinged to produce a voracious roar that could be interpreted as the very epitome of satisfaction. 

It stopped almost as quickly as it started. 

As soon as the walkway opened up, Keith exited quickly, shaking his lowered head and ignoring the congratulations he had received. 

"No, I don't accept this". 

Rapidly muted gasps rippled as confusion arose. The black paladin was such a coveted position, why would Keith not want it?

Allura frowned, equally as confused s the rest (bar Y/N). "But you must". 

"The black lion has chosen you" Coran chimed calmly. 

His tight-lipped expression closed up even further, helmet in slightly trembling hands. 

"Please, let Y/N try" Keith pleaded, open-eyed expression touching the teen girl's heart, causing her to nod firmly after a few seconds of thought.

"Sure, I guess".

Although her words were nonchalant. Inside, Y/N felt a contrast of emotions well up from within her. 

The likelihood that the black lion would connect with her wasn't particularly high. But at the same time, it was still there

That nagging feeling of paranoia began to fester and grow as her feet began to traipse up and into the black lion. 

An atmosphere of neutrality quickly became infected with Y/N's trepidatious feelings. 

Before she knew it, her eyes landed heavily on the empty chair. A throne, begging to be assumed by its rightful successor 

Sharp teeth chewed rather bottom lip, tearing the skin off whilst her almost scarily slow breaths permeated the air. 

Hands itching to touch the controls and get out, Y/N gulped quickly before shuffling towards the left hand of the chair. 

However, instead of seating herself in the chair that loomed frighteningly in the lion, Y/N reached her fingertips towards the controls. 

Anticipating the worst, she reached forward and took hold of one of the levers. 

Zap

Y/N screamed. 

It was as if the very essence of surprise was enveloped in a singular outcry of sheer terror, twisted quickly with confusion. 

In her glazed-over eyes, a purple light flashed and a mist clouded her vision further. 

A reprimanding voice boomed in her ears, causing her to grab her head and try to share the vision with her. It didn't work. 

"Y/N"  

Her mouth dropped open, hands quivering along with the rest of her body. The voice was calling out her name.