Chapter Forty-Three

Sabella's POV

Two weeks later

"If you hadn't pre-warned me about the new look, I would never have realised it was you," Bishop says with a chuckle as I get out of the car.

"That's kinda the point of a disguise" I reply dryly as I walk around the passenger seat, gently walking up Charlie "Hey, we are here."

She grumbles but slowly opens her eyes, letting me help her out of the car. "She's going to need to rest, where can I put her?"

"In there" Bishop nods towards what I assume is their clubhouse, walking past me he pops the trunk grabbing out the duffle bags. Charlie manages to stay upright with my help as we make our way inside.

Bishop pushes open the door as we stagger through a dusty bar area and down the side leading to a handful of rooms. He pushes open a door "you can put her in here, come meet me at the bar when she's settled"

I put Charlie down on the bed, pulling off her shoes, looking around the small room. I notice a bathroom off to the side, it's incredibly cramped but I throw myself through a quick shower, scrubbing off the dirt and bad feeling growing in the pit of my stomach. I quickly throw on some denim shorts and an oversized t-shirt out of the duffle and tuck Charlie into bed, muttering a quick prayer she gains her strength quickly.

Walking back out to the bar I slide on to a chair across from Bishop.

"Red hair suits you" he says sliding a beer towards me "though I don't like that you cut all your hair off"

Touching the much shorter length I sigh "I'm not exactly thrilled about it either but it will grow back"

"So has he met his maker yet?" I ask taking a swig of the beer.

"No, we need to be smart, we need to be prepared" Bishop retorts "I want nothing more to end this, but I am not willing to lose my brothers"

"So then what's the plan?"

"We have reinforcements on their way, we need to figure out how to get into their systems, take Galindo down from the inside"

"I have someone, but I need to reach out to my sisters, let them know I am okay and that we need them" I tell him.

"I took the liberty of contacting Azara she's organising the daughters and they will start trickling in over the next few days"

My jaw clenches and my lips purse, my eyes narrowing to Bishop "taking over the daughters are we?" I cock my head to the side.

"Sab, I have no intention of taking over, you know that" he says, sighing "I want to help you, and I don't know what else I can do to convince you of that."

I just sip my beer watching him

"Look we couldn't have multiple charters of two different clubs rolling into town at the same time, it would raise suspicions. We are doing staged and slow roll-ins to make sure everyone is safe and we don't tip anyone off" sipping his beer he continues "we've got various safe houses set up and converted shipping containers into bunks, I can show you if you like?"

"Maybe later, I'm exhausted and need some sleep soon"

"How's Charlie doin?" he asks, draining his beer, standing up and heading to grab another.

"Can you grab something stronger?"

He walks behind the bar grabbing a bottle of Johnny and two glasses, heading back to me he puts the two glasses down filling them both to the top.

I take a deep swing, the liquid burning in all the right places.

"She's doing better, but she's still weak and she needs to recover. She's angry"

"What did you tell her about Angel?" he asks, peering at me over the top of his glass.

"She didn't ask, I told her Tranq was okay but she hasn't mentioned Angel once and I would prefer to keep it that way"

"So what now Sab" his eyes bore into mine, I feel my breath catch in my throat, I drain my glass.

"Right now? I want you to take me somewhere and fuck my brains out and then tomorrow? Tomorrow we will start planning how we bring Galindo to his knees."

Bishop smirks, draining his glass he stands holding his hand out for me "I know just the place"