Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N: I'm slowly easing back into writing, so I'm sorry for my delays in updating. let me know what you think in the comments. 

Charlie's POV

Exiting the casino I realise there is nowhere for me to go, In Nestor's haste to get me out of my house, he didn't let me grab my handbag, the last thing I wanted to do was slink inside and ask for a ride.

"shit shit shit!" I exclaim kicking the wall.

Turning my back to it and sliding down I rest my head on the cold bricks

"what the fuck have you done Charlie?" I mutter to myself taking a deep sigh my finger starts to rub the familiar scar on my wrist. I hear footsteps approaching as I look up Johnny rounds the corner. Smirking down at me, he flops down next to me, resting his head against the wall he lights up a cigarette handing it to me. I take a deep drag before handing it back and slowly letting the smoke out I watch as it drifts off, I can feel Johnny watching me "so kiddo how long were you expecting to keep that a secret?" he asks me quietly.

"Honestly, I was hoping to take it to the grave" I reply shaking my head at his offer for another drag.

"So that's why you so badly wanted an excuse to come home" he states watching the smoke billowing out of his mouth.

"yeah I guess that was part of it" I reply kicking a loose pebble with my foot.

"You should've told me" he replies bluntly.

"I never thought Boston was going to follow me here" I tell him resting my head on his shoulder.

"Well it did and it crashed into you like a freight truck" Johnny says laughing

"You're not wrong" I reply laughing "So how mad is he?" I ask the laughter dying.

"he's pretty mad but he's hiding it well and he'll get over it" Johnny says "probably more a blow to his ego than anything" he says laughing as he pushes himself off the ground and holds his hand out for me "come on let's get you home" taking his hand I pull myself up and dust myself off following him to his bike.

He climbs on, handing me a helmet and I climb on the back. It takes him a few seconds for it to turn over and the next thing I know we are on our way down the highway. The cool air and the roar of the motorcycle soothing my anxiety.

The ride back give me plenty of time to think about everything that's going on in my life and how screwed up everything is. The first thing I need to do when I get home is figure out what I want moving forward and how to fix the damage I've done.

Johnny pulls into my driveway and I climb off the back off the bike, taking his helmet off I hand it to him.

"hey so who is that brunette woman?" I ask

"You didn't figure that out yourself?" he replies smirking

"No" I reply puzzled

"She's the whole reason I called you and asked you to come home, that's Adelita" He tells me.

"you're kidding me" I exclaim rage coursing through my veins

"the one and only" he replies bitterly

"So why is she out to get me?" I ask annoyed.

"She heard about you and Angel being back together and well you know Angel" he replies shrugging

"Wait Angel and the rebel bitch were together?" I ask shaking my head "unbelievable he has no right to be mad at me then" I tell him.

Johnny just rolls his eyes and shrugs, putting the helmet on, he turns his bike on and it roars to life. Shaking my head I wave and turn to leave.

"Hey Charlie?" Johnny called after me

"yeah" I reply turning around

"Go easy on him, he broke her heart all because he couldn't let the girl next-door go and now he's just as lost as you are" he says before backing out of my driveway.

I watch as Johnny rides down the street, sighing deeply I realise Angel and I are just as screwed up as each other.