Chapter Forty-Four

Charlies POV

Three months later

"Come on" I groan as I try to push the cart loaded with tires in front of me, willing it to move just a little more. Sweat is dripping in my eyes and every single muscle in my body groans in protest.

"You know if you kill yourself doing these insane workouts, you'll miss all the fun" Ez's husky voice says from behind me.

Turning around I take his morning rumpled look in, he slowly lifts his coffee cup to his mouth while fighting a yawn.

"I keep being told the fun is coming, at yet here we are" I cock my head "Who knew a war took so long to start"

Ez smirks, sipping on his coffee. I use the hem of my shirt to wipe the sweat off my face, heading over to take a seat next to Ez on the steps of his trailer. He reaches behind him and pulls out a water bottle handing it to me.

"Thanks" I say, chugging the bottle.

"I'm serious you know, you'll kill yourself if you keep training like this"

"I've spent far too long losing my strength and I need to get it back, I need to do this"

Ez throws my empty drink bottle into his trailer and puts his coffee cup on the bench. I'm surprised he can reach from where he is sitting.

"Alright then, let's go" he says, pushing himself up, holding out his hand I clasp it, pulling myself up, he drops my hand "Race you?" he says with a wink.

Jumping off the step, he takes three big strides before I even get off the steps, I push the burning in my legs down and follow behind Ez in a light jog, catching up to him, we jog alongside each other to the cage.

My eyebrow cocks and he just smirks.

"You're going to need it" he says, grabbing the gloves off the table and throwing them at me.

I scramble to put them on and we head into the cage, focusing on sparring with Ez is second nature, Mine and Ez's occasional groans and the sound of leather hitting skin the only sounds echoing through the quiet yard.

"We have templo today, Bish is asking all patched members to be present, both clubs" he murmurs, the distraction hits my step and it's all Ez needs, his foot comes out, clipping my right calf, knocking me on my ass. I hit the ground and all the air leaves my lungs. I groan rolling onto my side.

"Come on Charlie" he says mockingly "I know you can do better than that."

"Fuck you" I groan,

"Oi, what the fuck is going on here?" I hear Sabella's voice call out and the cage door opening. I try to pull myself up to sit, but I hit the ground.

"For fuck sake Ez, she's suppose to be taking it easy" Sabella pulls me up, puling her arm around my neck "lean on me" she tells me.

"I thought she was faking, fuck" Ez mutters coming to my other side pulling my other arm over his neck and they both take me out of the cage, heading towards the club house. I am still struggling to breathe and I am starting to see stars.

"What the fuck" I hear a familiar voice, a warmth spreading from the pit of my stomach up, I try to open my eyes but darkness overcomes me as I feel my eyes roll into the back of my head and everything goes dark.

...

Azara is sitting in the chair in the corner of my room when I come too.

"I told you" she says not looking up from her book, I swear she has some creepy sixth sense when it comes to when I'm sleeping and awake.

Before I can provide a witty response I feel the vomit rising in my throat and I jump out of bed, every single inch of my body on fire as I head to the bathroom, barely making it in time.

Stomach acid burns as it comes up, forcing me to be present in the moment. I know Azara is right, I will never give her the satisfaction of telling her that. Splashing some cold water on my face, and rinsing my mouth out. I head back into the bedroom, sitting cross legged in the middle of the bed watching Azara.

"Yes?" she asks when she reaches the bottom of her page.

"Who was here earlier? When Sab and Ez brought me in" I ask, my fingers pushed into my palm, I can feel my nails leaving marks.

"I think you already know the answer to that" she asks, cocking her head, studying me as she puts her book down.

My brain tries to process what I know in my heart. Angel isn't dead and nobody bothered to tell me 'you didn't ask anyone either' I think to myself.

"Why?" I whisper, not daring to meet her eyes.

"This is his clubhouse, templo was earlier"

"You know what I mean, why did everyone let me think—" I trail off, falling back on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. I know I am acting like a child, but I don't know how to process this, any of these emotions that are bubbling up.

"You'll have to ask Sabella" Azara responds, standing up from the chair "come on, Daughters have a meeting and I need help setting up"

I sigh rolling off the bed and pulling my shoes on, 'Angel is alive and hasn't bothered to see you' I think to myself, I desperately try to push the voice out of my head, but it just grows louder, reminding me that somewhere along the line, I lost the love of my life, I grieved for him, I grieved for us. But here he was, flesh and blood, and I can't figure out what I feel. Relief? Anger? Disappointment?

I thought that night was the end of everything, but it was only the beginning. It turns out I wasn't the only one who rose from the ashes.