Chapter Seventeen

A/N: This chapter contains spoilers from One Kiss, so if you haven't read it and you don't intend to you be okay, if you do plan to read it, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? and if you have read One Kiss enjoy!

"You will not believe the morning I've had" I call out as I storm into Emily's house, ignoring the security guard following me.

Spotting Emily with another woman sitting on the patio I come to a sudden stop "Sorry, I didn't realise you had company" I apologise profusely.

"Its okay" Emily replies laughing "come join us."

Heading out onto the patio I realise the other woman looks vaguely familiar.

"Charlie, do you remember my friend Cami?" Emily asks gesturing towards the other woman.

"Kind of" I reply holding my hand out, Cami stands up wrapping her arms around me "good to see you again" she says kissing my cheek.

Sitting down Emily pours me a mug of coffee from the pot in front of her "so what did Angel do today?" she asks smirking.

"What makes you think this is Angel related?" I ask taking a sip of my coffee.

Emily just smirks at me.

"Angel Reyes?" Cami asks.

"Yeah" i reply turning to her "do you know him?"

"Kind of" she replies "I haven't spoken to him in over a year though"

"That sounds like Angel" I retort.

Laughing "Yeah I didn't know him like that, it was more of a work thing" Cami replies.

"Oh sorry, I shouldn't have assumed" I reply embarrassed.

"It's okay, Reyes brothers just aren't my type, no offence to you two" she replies.

"None taken" Emily retorts.

"What sort of business did you have with Angel, you don't exactly look like the type of woman who hangs out M.Cs" I ask.

Both Cami and Emily burst out laughing "Neither do you" Emily points out.

"Point taken" I reply smiling.

"I got myself into some trouble and Miguel placed me under house arrest, and the MC were my babysitters" she replies.

"There is never a dull moment around here is there?" I ask.

Emily just shakes her head "no there's not, unfortunately" she retorts "so what happened today?" she asks.

Sighing I tell her about my morning, getting re-annoyed with Angel as I tell her.

Laughing Cami pipes up "Aren't you a cop? Can't you just lock him up for something?"

"Ohh I like you" I reply laughing.

Before Emily can reply Nestor walks out onto the patio "good afternoon ladies" he says nodding to Emily and I.

"Hello my loves" he says leaning down kissing Cami, his hand resting on her stomach "do you need anything?" he asks her.

"I'm okay" she replies smiling up at him.

"Okay, I will see you at home tonight" he says kissing her forehead and rubbing her stomach.

Without a second glance to Emily and I he heads back inside and out the front door.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, seeing a text from Angel I quickly open it 'I'm sorry about how today ended can we get dinner tonight? We need to talk about this'

Surprised by his apology I quickly text back 'Fuck you Angel, you're such an ass. You can come over at 9, bring Chinese and don't be late or else'

Shoving my phone back into my pocket I look over at Cami "so now I feel even worse about my Angel comments, though I didn't realise the silent man actually could talk or have fun, no offence" I say.

Laughing Cami winks at me "the silent ones are the most fun" she says.

"Cami and Nestor are actually worse than you and Angel, though they finally got their shit together, so maybe there's hope for you" Emily says smirking.
"Shut up Emily, not all of us can have perfect marriages to the perfect man" I reply rolling my eyes at her.