Chapter Forty-Six

Authors Note: This is so unhinged, I've had this down as a potential pathway to the ending so I've decided fuck it, and I am going to do it. I cried writing this, and I hope you enjoy it. The pain, the angst, the suffering and then the smut.

Likes and Comments are my love language.

Charlie's POV

A hard thud against my door pulls me from my nightmare, groaning I fumble for my phone

3am

I sigh as another thump occurs.

"Alright" I mutter getting up, the cold floor causing me to shiver as I take the three steps from the bed to the door pulling it open.

"What" my voice husky but harsh.

A head of dark hair hits my feet as it falls backwards, my gaze traveling down, confusion fills me before hitting the honey brown eyes.

I feel the tug at my chest, a familiar ache lately.

"Hey"

"Hey yourself," I murmur.

He just lays there, staring up at me, his eyes the clearest I've seen in months, a soft smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"You know in a clubhouse full of bikers about to go to war over you, you should probably wear appropriate clothing" his eyes roaming my legs, coming to rest on my pajama shorts.

"Fuck you Angel" I spit, stepping back, pushing the door closed.

"I was just joking" he says, flinging his arm out to stop the door, his voice light "I'm certainly enjoying the view"

Rolling my eyes "What do you want?"

"I miss you" his gaze pierced into me.

Silence fills the air, it's not heavy, or regretful, but it's missing something.

I sink to the floor, sitting cross legged, my knee brushes his temple.

"I have a son" his voice is so quiet I almost miss it.

"Congratulations" my voice is anything but.

"It should have"

"Don't" I cut him off.

"I can't help how I feel"

"And what about me Angel? Does how I feel matter?"

"Everything about you matters" I glance at him out of the corner of my eye, his eyes closed, one hand tucked behind his head, the other, stretched out.

I lean back against the door, the clubhouse is silent for the first time in a long time.

"Why are you here Angel?"

"I'm scared, and you've always been my home," his voice barely whispers.

I feel the tears welling up in my eyes, I try to push them down, biting my lip until I taste the familiar bitter metal taste of blood.

"I wish things were different" the urge to touch Angel is overwhelming, all I want is to melt into him, feel his arms wrap me up and for him to tell me everything is going to be okay, even though I know it won't be.

"Could we fix us Charlie?" his eyes finally opening, drawing me closer to him.

I bite my bottom lip, trying to figure out what to say. I can't stop the tears from falling down my cheeks, the sob I've been holding in for months erupts from my chest.