EIGHT

It was mid-afternoon, I just finished going to couple of museums and was now sitting in a coffee shop with this big cup of frapuccino and a way too sugary doughnut. My phone rang with an incoming video call. My mood instantly picked up when I read my best friend's name on the screen.

"Chris!!" - I screamed when his face showed up.

"Finally! I was starting to wonder if I would ever see your face again!" he said dramatically.

"Shut up! We video called when I arrived at the airport." I replied rolling my eyes.

"That was a lifetime ago." he fired back "Anyway, tell me how is it going over there? Are you loving it?"

"I wanna move here." I took a sip of my coffee "It's like my soul city or something. I just love, I feel like I belong here."

"I hope your joking about the moving there part, you can't leave me here and move to the other side of the world!" he said annoyed.

"It's just some random thought, that's all."

"It better be! So what have you been up too?"

"You know, taking my time exploring Seoul, walking a lot, eating a lot." I chuckled "Just going with the flow for now."

"Well little planning was one of your goals right?"

"Yes." I nodded grinning.

"And the food? Are you coming back with some extra you?" he joked.

"Probably, food is my downfall, you know that! Even today, I just couldn't say no to a breakfast where we ate rice, meat, soup and tofu. More like a lunch than breakfast, but there I was eating it all."

"We?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Did I say we? I meant me, it's probably the connection. Are you hearing me ok?" I said innocently taking a sip of my coffee.

"Hmm you sound shady bitch." he said narrowing his eyes. "Did you make any friends? Are you cheating on me?"

"Not friends per se..." I squinted my eyes.

"OMG! Did you sleep with someone?!" he screamed into his phone.

"Shh! I'm in a public place!" I giggled.

"Did you sleep with someone?!" he whispered shouted.

I smirked not responding and shrugging.

"You did! OMG! You went there to find yourself and what you found was a slutty bitch. I'm so proud!" he said wiping a fake tear and being super dramatic.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Tell me everything!" He demanded.

I told him almost everything that happen, I edited some steamy parts and also downplayed some of the feelings I had. I wasn't ready for Chris to start asking a bunch of questions about my feelings and also I didn't want him to worry about me being too caught up.

"He really seems a good guy and she was clearly a psychopath." I finished telling Chris what happened at breakfast.

He just stood silent and smirked.

"What?" I asked already knowing what he was thinking.

"How do you wanna do this? Do you want me to elaborate a big justification of how a good person you are for defending the weak or do you want me to just state the truth?"

"I hate you!" I said looking away from the phone and crossing my arms.

"You were clearly jealous." he simply said.