FIFTY ONE

Zoe POV

The weeks went by and soon the seasons changed. Summer is coming up really quick. Not that I care about that.

I keep mostly to myself not really excited about anything in particular. Being numb is my MO nowadays.

I make an effort to go out with friends once in a while. I try my best to look ok when I hangout with Chris. I don't want him to worry. The fact that brunch boy is still around helps me get away with a lot of things.

I'm extremely happy that Chris has found someone who truly cares for him. Truth be told, sometimes I can't help but feel jealous of their relationship. It makes me miss Jungkook even more.

As for James, we see eachother once in a while. I guess we can say we are friends. He's nice and makes me laugh sometimes. Although, I haven't told him about Jungkook, I think he already suspects that I like someone else. He really is a sharp person and extremely respectful of my boundaries.

I sometimes wonder what our relationship would be like, if I hadn't been to Korea and met Jungkook. Maybe, I would be happier because I wouldn't know Jungkook was the one for me. As they say, ignorance is bliss. Jungkook would probably be better off as well.

That bastard Sam, has been keeping his promise and hasn't reached out since going abroad. At least, that's something positive in my life. Although, I'm still trying to figure out, how I'm going to get rid of him for good.

Him coming back into my life was the last thing I needed right now. Particularly, when I'm not mentally strong. I can't help but be slightly worried about what he'll do when he comes back. He is a bad person, there's no doubt. I try to shake these thoughts aside but they keep haunting me.

I wish I could snap my fingers and everything would fall into place in my life. This just comes to show how little we control life. Of course, we have some power of decision but when you can't control all variables it becomes a hard game to win.

I am now taking my friday night "feeling sorry for myself" bath. It's my safe space to wallow in misery. I fill the bathtub with bubbles, open a bottle of wine and put some sappy music on. I'm just thinking about the same thing over and over again. Him. Although it's a sadistic move, at least it better than thinking about that other bastard.

I sink in the hot water, closing my eyes and savoring the relaxing ambiance. I feel my sore muscles starting to relax. My mind conjures his beautiful face immediately and I feel a smile spread across my face. Thinking about him is bittersweet but it always makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

I wonder what he is doing right now. How his life has been after I left. I hope he's happier than me, that's for sure. He deserves to be happy. He deserves the world.

The music that is coming out of my phone, is interrompted by an incoming message. I groan thinking it is my bratty brother asking for something. He has been pestering me about using my apartment to impress a date. Right now he lives with a couple of roommates and he says his house is too much of a bachelor pad to impress a girl. Honestly, he just wants to get in her pants so I want to keep my apartment out of that cenario.

I wipe my soapy hand on a towel and reach for my phone, preparing myself to scold my brother. Instead, I almost drop my phone in the water. I can't believe my eyes. Taehyung just texted me after months of being ignored by me.

Yes, I didn't just cut ties with Jungkook. I cut with all the members. At the time, it was what I needed to be sane. Although, that clearly hasn't worked out.

Taehyung: Dumpling, I will be going to Paris soon. Please, come see me. It's just me.

After the message he sent a link with a plane ticket to Paris in mine name set for a week from now.