FORTY THREE

Getting on that plane was the worst thing I have ever had to do. It shattered me completely. How can someone mean this much to me in such a short time. I simply cannot make sense of this. It's not just my heart that hurts, I physically feel it too.

Jungkook respected my wish. We said goodbye in the hotel and I left alone for the airport. The way he looked at me when I walked away, it will haunt me forever. I see his face everytime I close my eyes.

I never cried this much in my life. Fuck, I am always so in control of my emotions that I don't even remember the last time I cried. Even though the flight was long, it wasn't enough for me to compose myself. I arrived back home with puffy red eyes and a killer headache.

The first few days, I avoided everyone by saying I had the flue. The truth is, I don't even want to get of bed. I feel empty and lifeless without him. How pathetic, right?

I'm curled up in bed, feeling sorry for myself when my phone rings, startling me.

"Fuck." I grunt searching for my phone on the nightstand.

I thought I had the damn thing on silent. Chris' name pops on the screen. I don't really feel like talking, so I ignore the call. We exchanged a few texts over the last days but I've been super evasive.

He insists on calling a few more times, before stoping. I snuggle in bed, alone with my thoughts once again.

After a while, I hear my doorbell and loud knocking on my door. Again, I chose to ignore any human interaction. Who ever it is, will go away eventually.

Unless that person is Chris.

I don't know how much time has passed since the loud knocking. Maybe a couple of hours. I hear someone entering the apartment, but I am so numb that I hardly care if it's someone robbing me or not.

"Bitch, you better be home and dead!" Chris' voice echoes loudly in my otherwise silent apartment. "There you are! What the fuck? Why aren't you answering my calls."

As he enters my room, I pull my covers above my head. I feel the bed dip and the covers disappearing from my hold.

"Well you look like shit, bestie." Chris frowns looking at me.

"How the hell did you get the key?" I say annoyed.

"I basically bullied your brother to give me his."

"I'm going to kill him." I groan pulling the covers over my head.

"Not until I kill you first." Chris pulls the covers off me again."What the fuck is going on? And don't tell me the flue, because I'm not buying that."

"I'm really tired Chris. Please, just let me rest and I'll call you later." I reply grumply.

"Yeah, like you called since you've been back. Have you been eaten anything?" He looks at me sternly waiting for my response. " You know what? Get your ass in the shower we are going to brunch."

"I don't want to Chris." I roll over so now my back is facing him.

"Well, then you leave no choice. I'm calling your mother." He threatens.

"You wouldn't!" I turn around quickly to face him.

Don't get me wrong I love my mother. However, if she saw me like this, she would be staying with me for God knows how long taking care of me in the most motherly affectionate way.

When I say I don't like to be touched or displays of affection, that also applies to my family. It has nothing to do with my parents honestly, they are really caring. I'm just weird that way.