SEVENTY

"Hotter, sweeter, cooler, butter" Lia and I scream at the top of our lungs. "Get it, let it roll!!!"

"That was the best one!" Lia says all excited as she plops on the black leather couch next to a grumpy Ji-Yoo.

He has been enduring 2 hours of BTS songs, which in my view was more of a blessing than a torture. Thankfully, Lia joined me in singing all those songs, like a true army. So to Ji-Yoo's dismay all our song choices where BTS based.

"Thank God our Karaoke session is over. My ears are bleeding." he deadpans.

"Is it over already?" Lia asks.

"Yes." Ji-Yoo replies looking at his watch.

"Time flies when you are having fun." I tell her.

"Time drags when you're being tortured." Ji-Yoo adds dryly.

"Don't be such a baby, I saw you lip sync some of the words." I accuse him.

"You are in need glasses my friend." he says.

"Glasses! Let's have one last shot! To end the night!" Lia says already a bit tipsy.

She clumsily reaches for the tequilla bootle and almost knocks it off the table.

"Are you sure you want to drink another one, Lia? You have work tomorrow." I ask her concerned.

"We need to end the night in a high note and celebrate you being here!" she insists slurring some words.

"I'll do it." Ji-Yoo takes the bootle and serves three shots. "To a great night with great friends!"

We all clink our glasses and take the shot. Right after drinking hers, Lia leans on Ji-Yoo, clearly she drank enough to be slightly intoxicated.

"Come on Lia. Let's get you to bed." Ji-Yoo helps her up and follows me out of the room.

We walk along the corridor with doors on both sides, all karaoke rooms, until we reach the entrance.

"I'll go pay. Just stay here." Ji-Yoo helps Lia lean against the wall but she clings to his shirt.

"I want to go with you." She whines.

"I'll be right back. It will only take a second." Ji-Yoo says.

"I want to go with you Yoo Yoo!" She says with a pout.

"Yoo Yoo." I snort.

"Shut up." Ji-Yoo glares at me embarrassed.

As he takes her with him to the front desk, I take the opportunity to call Jungkook. To my surprise he picks up on the first ring.

"Baby." His melodic sweet voice comes through the phone and goes straight to my tummy filling it with butterflies.

"We're done. Are you still coming to pick me up? I can get an uber." I tell him.

"I'll be there in five."

"What? How?" I question. "Aren't you home?"

"I was bored without you, so I got in the car to head to you." He says.

"Oh." I feel myself blush at his nonchalant admission.

"You can head out and wait for me, I'll be there in a couple of minutes. Ok, baby?"

"Yes. See you soon." I cut call just as Ji-Yoo and Lia finished paying.

I join them and we all walk outside. It's about 1am so it's relatively early, we are in a street full of bars and restaurants, ao there are still many people out and about.