FIFTY TWO

I still feel uneasy about this. As my feet touch French soil, it daunts on me that Jungkook might be here as well.

I checked Dispatch over the last few days to see if Jungkook left the country. The only news were about Taehyung heading to Paris for a Celine fashion show.

That didn't mean Jungkook was still in Korea. In fact, there haven't been much news about him lately. So he could be anywhere. Which means there's a strong possibility that I would have to face him.

I jump on a cab and head to the hotel Taehyung indicated. I can't help but be in awe of it when I arrive. It looks more like a palace than a hotel, it exudes luxury and money.

I enter the big lobby with shiny marble floor and heavy chandeliers. I feel a little under-dressed for this place, I probably don't feel more self-conscious because I'm super tired. I need coffee for sure.

I give the name Taehyung told me, to the receptionist, although I am unknown, he didn't want to risk exposing me. He gave me an alias to use while I'm here.

After registering, I am taken to my room, or should I say mini-apartment, by the hotel staff. Taehyung clearly went overboard and booked one of the most expensive suites in the hotel.

Now, I really feel like I am in a palace. Everything from the furniture to the decor screams royal. The suite even comes with its own living room and dining room. A huge balcony overlooking the Champs-Elysées and a bathroom bigger than my apartment complete this insane room.

It definitely costs a fortune to stay here. I am still grasping my head around my surroundings, when someone knocks at my door. I open it and am engulfed by familiar arms.

"Dumpling! I can't believe you are here." Taehyung gives me a tight hug and I unconsciously hug him back.

"I can't believe it either." I feel my eyes water a little but I control myself. The familiar nickname brings a lot of emotions to the surface.

He puts his hands on my shoulders and holds me at arms length. His eyes run every inch of my face and body. When he locks his eyes on mine, I feel the sadness behind them.

"You look thin and tired, Dumpling." his tone is concerned.

"I'm fine, Taehyung." I take a step back and his hands fall from my shoulders.

I move towards the couch and sit down. I pat the spot next me and after a little bit of hesitation, he sits next to me.

"How have you been Taehyung?" I ask him, trying to make some small talk.

He looks as handsome as ever. I still can't believe how beautiful he is. He's unreal, even without any makeup. Mother nature was definitely inspired when she created him. On top of that, he is the sweetest person ever.

"I'm good." He gives a boxy smile but a shadow of sadness covers it.

"Why did you want to see me?" The words fall out of my mouth before I even register them.

"Still straightforward as ever. Namjoon hyung is right, you're like a mini Yoongi hyung." He giggles at his comment and then continues with a more serious tone. "I'm not sure, to be honest. I was hoping to come up with a plan as soon as I saw you, I guess."

"A plan?" I look at him confused.

"To bring you back." He admits.

"Taehyung..."

"He's not ok and you're clearly not ok either." He points out.

I sigh and flop on the couch. I don't know what to say, other than I am not ok. However, that doesn't solve things. We are still living separate lives. We are still a world apart.