FIFTY SEVEN 🔞

The light touch on my arm, makes me jump. I was too focused on my book and had my earphones on blasting music, to notice my surroundings.

"I'm sorry ma'am you need to put your seat up, we will be landing shortly." the flight assistant smiles fondly moving on to the next passenger.

I look at my watch, groaning when I realize I still have the time from back home. It is late afternoon in Seoul for sure, my flight is expected to arrive around 6:30pm so it must be around that time.

Suddenly I start to become nervous, my stomach is turning inside me. I have managed to keep myself busy most of the flight so I didn't think much about this whole thing. Denial being my only salvation and preventing me from losing my mind. I'm moving to Seoul and it scares the crap out of me.

After getting my bags, I make my way through the crowds, around me family and friends greet each other, some laugh, some cry. The same energy as the airport back home, it is buzzing and I feel that energy making me more anxious.

I look for Tae, but he is nowhere to be found. He insisted on picking me up from the airport and arranging my stay at an hotel. I made him promise not to tell anyone that I was back. I needed time to settle my thoughts before seeing Jungkook.

I check my phone but no messages from Tae. Maybe he is disguised so nobody notices him. I carefully look at people's faces, trying to find him. My eyes finally land on this chubby fellow holding a big sign with my name on it. What the hell?

I approach him, assuming he is a driver and Tae will be in the car waiting for me, not entering the airport for obvious reasons.

"Hi." I say.

"Oh miss Zoe?" the men asks in a heavy accent. I nod. "Mr. Kim cannot be here but I take you to hotel ok?"

Without waiting for an answer, he grabs my trolley and starts to walk away. I run along trying to catch him, for a chubby guy he is quick. He maneuvers the trolley like a pro between the crowds until we reach a black SUV with tinted windows.

I sigh, as my body hits the car seat. I am definitely tired and longing for a hot bath. I close my eyes, but quickly open them when my phone rings.

"You're finally here!" Tae's deep cheerful voice echoes through my phone.

"You're supposed to pick me up." I whine.

"I really wanted to but I have this work thing. I'm sorry." he apologizes.

"It's ok." I mumble.

"Don't worry I have everything ready, just go to the hotel and rest. I will stop by tomorrow ok?"

"I'm not seeing you today?!" I whine again and pout although he can't see it.

"Work thing remember?"

"Yeah."

"Besides you will be drooling on your pillow in no time and I don't wanna see that." he chuckles.

"Haha you are so funny." I laugh sarcastically.

"Don't forget to eat something before you go to sleep. I don't want you to get sick." his voice now serious.

"I'm not a baby you know?"

"Oh I need to go, you know work..."

"Thing. I know, I know. Don't worry." I continue "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"Ok, good."

"Bye dumpling!"

I sigh sadly, looking at the window, the streets and the people just blurs as the SUV accelerates through the city.