FORTY FIVE

Can't believe I'm doing this.

I'm walking down the street towards the restaurant. Although the street is busy, the echo of my heals on the sidewalk rings loudly in my ears. At least as much as my screaming guilt.

Why guilt? You ask. Well, because I'm pathetic. We have already reached that conclusion for a while now. Even so, I keep on becoming more pathetic by the hour.

Case and point, how my body is aching at this moment, because I feel like I'm cheating on JK by going on a date with another guy. Like I said, pathetic.

I pause at the entrance of the restaurant. For a split second, I consider keep walking and just go home. Then I remember I have to face Alice on Monday and standing up her cousin won't be a good move.

I pull my phone and unlock it. I stare at Jungkook's face for a few seconds before getting myself together and walking inside the restaurant.

My eyes scan the room to look for a face that resembles the picture Alice showed me. In no time, my eyes fall on James' figure.

"Hello James who got my number in dubious ways." I greet him as I approach his table.

James lifts his eyes from his phone, a full blown smile already playing on his lips.

"Zoe whose number I got without her full consent. You actually showed up." He gets up and we greet eachother with a casual kiss on the cheek.

"Were you expecting me to not show up?" I take of my coat and sit across from him.

"Well, one can never be too sure." He keeps smiling.

He kind of has some similarities to Alice. He has ashy blond hair and icy blue eyes like her. I can tell this family hit the genetic jackpot, James has nice face to say the least.

I can't help but compare him to Jungkook. Total opposites in terms of looks. James looks like a good angel, whereas Jungkook looks like a sinful one. Or maybe the devil himself.

I must be staring because I see James cheeks become slightly pink.

"So, how about we order then talk?" He suggests.

"Sure. I mean, I definetely think better on a full stomach." I grab the menu and quickly run my eyes over it, finding my favorite dish.

"Black truffle and wild mushrooms ravioli." Me and James say at the same time.

We stare at eachother surprised.

"Are you a mind reader?" I ask playfully.

"I wish. I am not stalker either." He adds quickly.

"Wow you read my mind again." I chuckle.

"Favorite dessert on three?" He questions raising his eyebrow and I nod.

"One, two, three." We count together.

"Tiramisu." We both say at the same time again.

"Ok, not bad James who got my number in dubious ways. You have good taste apparently."

"Wasn't that a given already?"

"How come?" I tilt my head waiting for his response.

"I'm here on a date with you, am I not?" His piercing blue eyes stare at my face without wavering.

Suddenly, I feel shy and my cheeks eat up. The room temperature just went up a few degrees.

Is he flirting with me?

"Sorry, was that too much too soon?" He now looks at me concerned.

"It's fine." I say dismissively.