"I Think That You Are The One For Me 'Cause It Gets So Hard To Breathe..."

Listen to: "Dandelions (Slowed + Reverb)" by Ruth B.

Check out the Spotify Playlist for this Book!
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0fTXNgQfRXrdo9iOuo8NFj?si=3LjqyTuFTtafEIF0vLUyYw

——————————————————————————————————————————-

I bow deeply at the two people in front of me. His Eomma extends her hand to me and I take it, covering it with the other and smile as her.

"안녕하세요, 제 이름은 엘리너입니다. 만나 뵙게 되어 영광입니다." [***]I say to her. Then I turn to his Apa, bow deeply and then shake his hand as well. They're both extremely beautiful. Tae looks so much like his Apa; they have the same face shape and strong jawline. His Eomma is gorgeous. She has short dark hair and big, beautiful eyes. They introduce themselves and Taehyung motions for them to sit; once they do, we take a seat across from them. The waiter joins us and asks Taehyung if he would like to order and he goes ahead and orders a few different dishes for the table and then we each order drinks. We thank him and he excuses himself to go get our order in.

Taehyung takes his arm and brings it to the chair back behind me and pulls me closer to him. I tense up a little, worried about the appropriateness of it all. He turns to me and leans in to my ear and whispers softly.

"It's okay. Relax. I got you," he reassures me. I look at him and smile. We both turn to face his parents and I take a deep breath.

He starts with small talk about the restaurant and how he's heard that the food here is incredible and they've had a ton of success. His parents smile at him. His mother turns to me and asks me how my day was. I smile at her and tell her it was wonderful but busy. She returns the smile and his father asks Taehyung about his day and he proceeds to tell us about the interviews and filming they did for upcoming projects. We touch on the new album and how we are shooting all of the concept photos for it tomorrow and how excited we are for it to release.

The small talk continues and our food arrives. It all looks delicious I wait for Tae's parent's to grab food first and then I grab Tae's plate and pile some food on there for him and then continue with my own plate and we all begin to eat. Tae leans into me slightly and I offer him a bite a food which he takes happily, smiling at me. I notice they look at us whenever we share a moment, and I try and read their faces but I don't know them well enough to decipher what they're thinking. After a few moments I see his mom look at me and she puts her chopsticks down and smiles warmly.

She asks me if Taehyung was a good boyfriend and roommate and I laugh softly when Tae rolls his eyes and groans at the question. I take a beat and make sure that I get all my wording correct in my brain then I look at her and tell her that he's a really great roommate. I tell her that he's helpful and tidy and always making sure that he does his part. I tell them that he's always helping with things around the house and although he doesn't particularly like to cook, he's always helping me when I do and I appreciate that. She looks at him and smiles proudly but he doesn't see it because his eyes are locked on me. I tell her that as a boyfriend, he's incredible. I tell her that he's patient, kind, and attentive. I turn my head and look at him. I continue by telling her that he is an amazing listener and always makes time for me; making me feel important and appreciated even though he is so busy. I tell her that he always remembers the little things and goes above and beyond to make sure that I'm feeling understood; paying attention to every detail to make sure that I'm always feeling heard and validated. He encourages me in everything I want to do, supports me in my dreams and is my biggest cheerleader. He leans into my ear and whispers an 'I love you' into my ear and it takes everything in me to not cry; feeling very emotionally overwhelmed at expressing how much he means to me.