Chapter Seven

Bad Days

Toni

Why do paint colors have to be so difficult? I'm currently standing in the middle of the paint aisle at lowes and I'll tell ya, there are way too many colors.

Finally after half an hour of looking I got down to 2 greens. Ok here it goes, Toni. I chose the darker one. I think it will go better with the set up.

Right now the ways are a gray brown color and it's not pretty so I've turned it around to a green. I go to the other aisle and grab paint rollers, paint brushes, tape, a rag thingy and a step stool. I roll the cart over to the cash register and pay quickly.

I make my way to the building across from the dorms and haul everything in. Anna said I could do it before 3 because that's when they open on saturdays. So I'm basically alone for the whole morning.

I also don't have classes till monday so this will be fun. I pull up my playlist and start playing my songs. I tape down the walls and place the step stool down so I can paint the edges first.

Last night was so fun.

We just layed there for I don't even know how long, just staring at the stars and saying random shit. I think I would officially call Silas a friend. I mean I dont think someone who wasn't a friend would show me a place that meant so much to him.

I finish the edges and grab the roller. Today I wore an oversized T-shirt with spandex. Also no shoes, well there by the front door, but they are just my slides. I dressed in clothes I wouldn't care to get paint on, cause trust me when I say that shit does not come out.

Also my hair is up in a messy bun. After I finish rolling I stand back and admire my work. A faint smile comes onto my face. Damn I did good. I grab a smaller paint brush to paint on some flower details on the wall.

I step onto the step ladder and find that I'm still too short to reach the spot I want. Being stupid I stand on my tippy toes and reach for the location only to find my foot slipping and me falling straight on my ass.

Only this time I knocked over the paint can and got it all over me. "Mother fucker!" I scream. I look down at the slight pain in my leg and see a small gash on my shin. "Dammit!" I curse again. I hear footsteps coming from the back area and see none other than Silas running out.

"Toni is that you..." He freezes when he sees me and just stares at me for a second, then looks around the room. "You did all of this?" He asks. I nod trying to stand up but feel a shooting pain in my leg, and arm.

I glance over my shoulder and see a cut on my shoulder. I groam leaning on the wall for support. I feel a hand snake up my waist and see Silas supporting me now. "Geezes, what did you do to look like that?" He points to my whole mess.

"I was trying to paint a specific spot and slipped off the stool thingy." I'm sure he can imagine the rest, for he walked in right after it happened. There wasn't any paint on my head, but below my chest it was scattered everywhere.

He laughs, assumed at me and continues to stare at me. "It's not funny!" I yell pushing him off, limping to god knows where. "Ok ok, just let me help you" He cools down his laughing and walks me over to the bathroom.

"Wait, why are you here?"

"There's a back way into the gym and it opens at 8am" It was only 9:30 so I guess that makes sense. He lifts me up onto a counter and starts shuffling around.