"Wait!"

We get everything into the trunk with the exception of the fish who are sitting in the back seat. "Alright let's go home and get the fish introduced to the tank. Hopefully they'll be in there by the time we get back."

I nod while he starts the car. Not sure why we've been switching off on driving or how he got the keys but alright. "Wait!" I jumps and looks at me. "I'm gonna hold the fish. I don't trust them not to slide." He blinks slowly at me before putting the car back into park. He gives me a look while raising his brows.

I sheepishly climb out and grab the two bags before getting back into my seat. "We can go now." He nods with another raise of his brow.
-
Once we get home and get everything out and the fish tank all set up I cut open the bags and slowly put them at the top of the water. "Have you named them yet?" I flinch because of how close he is before fully standing up.

"Yep! The mixed one is chili and the white one is Gerald!"

He gives me a mock disgusted look before getting close to the tank

He gives me a mock disgusted look before getting close to the tank. "I'm so sorry she named you that Gerald." I scoff and hit his shoulder.

He holds it in mock pain while backing away. "I'm gonna tell Mr. Green you're abusing me." My jaw drops and I hit him again. "You're mean to me." Auggie gives me surprised look.

"Says the one who just hit me twice. And right in front of the children." I gasp and turn around. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" I hear him make a noise before grumbling.

"She says sorry for hitting me in front of the fish but not to me. I was the one who got hit."
He continues to mumble while walking back out to the car and I laugh.

He's such a child.

When I get back into the car after staring at chili and Gerald for a couple more minutes auggie looks over at me. "Finally. I thought you were gonna leave me for the fish." I hood my finger up. "Our children. Stop calling them fish silly."

He gives me a shocked look. "Cant tell if you're being serious but I kinda don't want to ask anymore questions." I nod at him while putting my seatbelt on. He looks at me for a couple minutes before a soft smile makes it's way to his face.

I smile back. "What?" He licks his lips before saying, "I wanna take you on a date." My cheeks get warmer and I try not to look away from his intense eye contact.

I stutter for a couple minutes before taking a deep breath. "When? And why?" His smile never leaves. "Not today but soon and because you're gorgeous and I love seeing you in a dress and heels." My cheeks go redder and I finally break the eye contact.

I don't stop myself from smiling wide at my lap and softly saying, "Okay." He doesn't say anything for a couple more seconds but I can tell he's still looking at me.

He starts the car shortly after and we begin the drive to chick fil a. Only for the frozen lemonade though.

Don't like the fact that they are homophobic but I really like their frozen lemonade. I try and find different places but nobody makes it like them.
-
"Alright we got the lemonade. The French fries from McDonald's. The," He makes a grossed out noise. "Vegan cookies from that one place." It's not that he hates vegan food he just doesn't like the cookies. He thinks they're dry and crumbly. "The pastries from the cafe, the chicken nuggets from Wendy's, the subs and mozzarella sticks from super subbys, and the fruit platter from target. What are we missing?"

I look over everything. "Ice cream!" He makes a face like he just remembered and drives to cold stone. One thing I really appreciate about august evans is that he doesn't mind driving to multiple places just to get me the foods I like.

I watch the buildings and the people in different cars while he drives and I gotta say. "Auggie I'm bored." He glances at me before shaking his head. "There is almost nothing I can do about that right now bun."

"Almost?" I makes a face. "I didn't mean it like that. Just sit still for a couple more minutes we're almost there." I nod and look back out the window.

When we pull in I wait for auggie to get out before looking both ways and running across the street. I freeze when I get to the other side because I can see him reflection in the glass and can tell he's giving me a disappointed look.

"Sorry. I'm excited." He nods while opening the door for me. I smile at the worker as she tells me she'll be with us in a moment. I look over at auggie and ask what he wants. He whispers back, "Whatever you think I'll like." I blink at him.

In the six and a half months I've known him I've never seen him eat ice cream. I guess I'll just go with something plain. "Alright what can I get you?" I grin at her again before starting.

"Can I get a pint and have cookie dough and cheesecake as the base? Mixed please." She nods and asks what toppings. "Fudge, caramel, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, cookie dough pieces, and brownie pieces." Auggie looks over at me and silently chuckles.

You're wild. I nod at him.

(AN: fun fact. that's my actual order)

"And for you?" I look back down at the flavors. "A pint of vanilla with caramel, Reese's peanut butter cups and like a drop of fudge." She nods and call over another worker to get his started while we move to the register.

Once we pay and get back to the car I look over at him. "I did good?" He nods while half smirking. "Yea. You did good." I grin at him and put my seatbelt on.
-
When we get back home and finally get the food all settled I pull up bones while munching on my fries. Thankfully none of these trips took too long and they are still warm. Not as hot as they were when we got them but having them sit on the seat warmers definitely helped.

I sit down but groan very shortly after. "What?" I gesture to my clothes and swallow. "I don't wanna go all the way upstairs and change." Auggie laughs at me before jogging up the stairs.

He comes back with a shirt and the shorts to the checkered set i had on earlier. "Here. Arms up." I throw my arms up and he takes off my cardigan before sliding the shirt over my head. I kick out my feet and he slides the shorts up before standing back. "Now all you have to do is slide out of your dress."

I nod while bringing my arms into the shirt. I quickly realize that sliding it down is not an option and that I need to slide up. Booty and thighs too big for that.