Roaming and Raking

Around seven in the evening when I've flipped almost completely over on auggie, the boys are both sleeping on my back, and Auggie has joined them, I softly tap his chest to wake him up.

"Yes, love?" I try to smile to hide the shiver that wracks my whole body as his low, groggy voice reaches my ears. "Can you move the boys so I can get up please?" He nods before grabbing them one by one and placing them under their tree.

I give him a look at that. Really? On the table. It's one thing for them to ignore us and sit there on their own but it's a completely different thing for him to place them there.

"Wanna go for the lights now or dinner first?" He thinks for a couple seconds before saying lights.

"I'm not going to want to leave the house after eating." I nod my head before going upstairs to change. Again.

Since we won't actually be getting out of the car to do any walking this time I choose to pull on something to won't make me to hot.

I leave my t shirt on before grabbing an egg shell sweater, some black, thermal leggings, a pair of scrunchy socks, and my brown tasman uggs.

Auggie comes out in some loose sweats and a hoodie before grabbing my hand and leading me to the car

He picks Perry up on the way and i let a small giggle escape my lips. "I thought I was supposed to grab them." He shrugs before sitting him on my lap.

"It's easier this way." I nod before he's closing my door and going back in the house.

When he comes back out with Luci I allow myself to start getting excited. Not that I wasn't before but I didn't want to think about the lights all night.

I wanted to enjoy my time with auggie while watching Christmas shows without my brain being filled with Christmas lights.

I wouldn't pay attention to the shows if my brain was elsewhere.
-
My heart begins to warm as I watch the boys stand on my lap while looking out the window at the passing houses.

I have no idea how they feel about the lights but I'd like to think they are enjoying themselves. I know I am.

On the way down to the drive thru lights they were both laying down but once I pointed the vent towards them they quickly fell asleep.

Luci gets down and I immediately think that he's grown bored of the lights but he quickly trots his way over to auggie's lap to look out his window.

A pout starts to form on my face but only because I know once Perry realizes that Luci is gone, he will be too.

Once we get to the last few houses is when Luci decides he's done looking. He curls himself as small he can while getting comfy in Auggie's lap. Usually I would be cooing at this and taking multiple pictures.