Switch up

"Ugh. It's too bright in here. Don't they know its four o'clock in the morning."

"I'm sure they do baby but how would we see if it was dark?" I give him a slightly annoyed look. He's making fun of me. He's been doing it since we got up and I don't appreciate it.

"Stop being mean to me or i won't kiss you anymore." He fake gasps with a dropped jaw. "You wouldn't."

"Oh I would." He clutches his pearls while stepping away from me. "You're mean when you're cranky." I pout at him. "And you're mean to me all the time!" He shakes his head while stepping back towards me. "Whatever you big baby."

I look around as I realize that he's talking quite a bit but i realize that he probably doesn't realize and I keep my mouth shut. I want to praise him but I don't want to potentially scare him. It's not like we're surrounded or anything. A few people here and there but usually we would be signing.

I try to keep the smile off my face but it doesn't really work. If he asks I'll just make something up.
-
Only about an hour into the flight does Auggie look over at me, sigh and begin to whisper. "I had to listen to you rant about this for what felt like hours and now you're actively seeking it out?" I grin at him before explaining.

"I don't watch it for them. I watch it for Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz and Perry. If there was a video with just their moments then I would watch that!" He gives me look before nodding and softly laying his head on my shoulder.
-
After what I'd like to think was a wonderful nap, the plane finally lands and we start the long trek back to where our car is. I don't remember when I fell asleep but I do know that I slept for at least two hours.

"Do you want to get food before we head home or are you good?"

"Are you?" His eyes move around per usual when he's thinking and i just watch. He slowly nods at me. "I don't think I'm hungry yet but I probably will be soon."

I softly bring my lip between my teeth before saying, "Well we still have to go grocery shopping later, so we could always just grab food then." He nods at me before pulling up directions on how to get home.

When we get to the house I plop down on the couch while Auggie takes the bags to the laundry room. "Baby," He calls for me and I simply hum in response. "Are you okay?" I nod my head before asking why.

"You sat down and didn't go to see Gerald and Chili first. Usually before I can even step foot in the house I'm hearing Hi babies!" I smile with my eyes still closed while leaning back. "I'm just slightly exhausted. I'll say hi to them in a minute." He says alright and I hear his footsteps coming closer.

I feel him sit next to me and I quickly throw myself over him while he laughs at me. "Are you really that tired?" I nod my head against his chest as he wraps his arms around my waist. "We can do the laundry later but we still have to get you checked out. Fortunately that's all we have to do today so would you like to take a nap with me, love?"

I look up at him with wide eyes. I almost forgot about getting checked. I may or may not be carrying a little baby around. My cheeks grow warm as I think about it but I zone back in as he slightly shakes me. "Did you hear a word I said?" I blink at him a couple times.

He said something after that?

A half smile makes its way onto his face before he's muttering, "Baby." That must be his new favorite thing to call me. Usually he cycles through a few different nicknames but lately its been mostly baby. I still respond to it however. "Yes?"

"Kiss me."

I smile but he continues.

"Kiss me like you kissed me on your birthday. Kiss me until I'm gasping for air." I grin before quickly smashing my lips onto his and he just as quickly kisses me back. "You're a drug to me and I'm very happy to call myself an addict."

He whispers it into my mouth before reattaching his lips to mine and I can't help the way my heart skips a beat. If he's an addict what does that make me? I can no longer even pretend that I can live without him.

When we break away, just as he wanted, we're both gasping for air and I laugh as I see my gloss now on his lips.

"Now love. Tell me what's got your mind going fuzzy, hm?" I smile. "I was just thinking about how I'm potentially fostering a child." His eyebrows come together as he cracks a half smile.

"Why did you say it like that?" He says this while letting out soft chuckles. I shrug. I honestly don't know why I said it like that. I guess I just can't believe it. If I'm not then that's okay but if I am then that's okay too.
-
After getting checked out and finding out I am indeed not pregnant, Auggie and I have just been chilling waiting on the laundry.

"We have so much to do. I feel like I didn't even wear this much." He nods while pulling me closer. "We didn't do it before we left so we have all of that as well." I groan as I slump against him and look back at the tv.

"Are you....upset?"

I glance up to see him staring right at me. I shake my head no. "It would've been great starting a family with you but no, I'm not upset." He nods his head and turns back to the tv and I do the same.

"Do you have any....color tattoos? Like tattoos that are in color?" I look up at him as he nods. "Yea. Just one. You've never seen it."

"Huh?! Why not?! Where is it! What is it!" His brows raise as he holds up a hand. "Babe. Babe, slow down. I guess you've just never looked but it's there." I gasp. I thought I had seen all his tattoos.

"Where?! Where is this elusive colorful tattoo that I've never seen?"

"My hip bone." My eyes go wide. His hip bone? Have I really never looked there? I quickly sit up and move his shirt up. "Um....?" His hands stop mine.

"Uh Bella?" My head snaps up to him. "What are you doing?" I slowly stop struggling to get my hands out of his. "I was....looking. For the tattoo." He nods his head. "And getting me out of my clothes was the way to do that?" I look down and realize that I have his shirt pulled up and his pants pulled down slightly.

"Oh! Sorry." It comes out very sheepish but I can't think too much about it because I really am sorry.

After i put his shirt down I sigh and lean back into him. A couple moments of silence go by before, "Hey Auggie." He hums in response. "I think I wanna dress different." He looks down at me with furrowed brows. "What do you mean?"

"Exactly that. I wanna dress different."

"But why?" I shrug while looking forward at the tv. "Because....because I think I dress....too much like a child. I want to dress like the girls who are always trying to get your attention." He sighs and moves me a little before turning me to him.

"Baby, you don't need to do that. They try and get my attention but you already have it. And I don't plan on taking it away, understand?" I nod my head.

I still think I'm going to try a different styles. Maybe just a few times. I think it'll be nice to switch it up sometimes.