"Hush!"

(AN)
Short chapter but I had to end it like this on purpose :(

We arrive at the store and do the usual argument. I watch as his face contorts while I speak. He has so much to say but there are too many people around. I make a mental note to teach him sign language for situations like this. "It'll go so much faster if we split~" He shakes his head again and grabs my hand. He softly yanks me in front of a cart and traps me there. I sigh and smile while adjusting my hands on the bar. Now that he has me here he's not gonna let me go.

We grab everything from more drinks and snacks to dinner for the week. I make sure to get things we can actually make together instead of him watching me cook.

When we get to the house and home section I try and make a b-line to the blanket section but he stops the cart. Yes he still has me trapped. I look back at him and watch him look around before looking back down at me. I also look around and see that it's relatively empty. He's going to speak to me now. He probably has a lot to say. Or so I thought. Only one sentence comes out.

"You have enough blankets." I gasp and fully turned around before softly hitting his arm. "Hush! They can hear you." I say softly. He gives me a look and I pout. He's not going to let me get anymore and he's set on this decision. While still pouting I turn back around and wait for him to lead me where he wants to go. I hear him sigh before leading me to the book section.

After a few minutes he puts four books in the cart and begins the walk back to the front so we can pay.

Once we get everything paid for and into the car he tosses me the keys. I go to give him a look but when I see him avoiding my stare I simply walk to the drivers side. Something is wrong and he's not going to tell me here.
-
When we get back home and get everything put in it's respective place I look at him. He hasn't said a word and you can never know what he's thinking. I take a deep breath and sit at the island. I wait for him to start speaking as not to seem like I'm rushing him but when he opens his mouth a couple times and shuts it I know he needs more time. I get back up and make my way to him. I slowly and softly run my hand up his arm and then back down. He responds to it but it's not enough. The next move I have to do fast or he won't respond at all so that's exactly what I do.

I quickly take my hand away from his arm and rest it on his neck for exactly two seconds before slowly rubbing up to his head while weaving my hands through his hair. He involuntarily leans into my hand and taps my hip with his fingers. I quickly pull away while he softly regrets the motions and think back through the store trip. I have to find it.

I have to find the trigger.