Loaded

What was he doing here?

Why was here, he shouldn't be here. Not with Brent in the bathroom and anyone who might see him. This was wrong, everything about us was a mess and I wasn't even sure there was an us. "What are...how did...?" I was baffled as he looked at me with hooded, silver moon eyes that made everything inside me feel alive. More than the crowd made me buzz. More than the looks I craved from them, he was everything inside me that yearned to come out. "You can't be here." I quickly pulled him in.

"Why the fuck didn't you answer? I texted you." I tried to explain to him that it was Talia, that she was a stupid fucking bitch, but I didn't want to bring her up in front of him. She was supposed to be nothing to either one of us. Especially to him, whether he fucked her or not, he was mine and mine alone.

I wanted more than anything to pull him close. But I couldn't with Brent in the bathroom. It was too risky, so risky...and I lost my mind as he leaned down to kiss me. I didn't stop him as he lifted me, pulling us together as close as we could get. "No, stop." But I was so weak, couldn't stop and I knew if I didn't stop we'd be fucking before Brent even left the bathroom. But I got lucky because the toilet flushed just as he reached for the bottom of the cheerskirt I forgot to change out of.

"Hide behind the bed." I hissed, the bathroom knob turn and wiggling. "Hurry." I whispered as I started to feel the panic swirl. Ace looked pissed but he did it anyways just before the bathroom door open, Brent standing there like a zombie.

"You need to go now." I wanted him out before Ace figured it out, and I tried to shove him to the door. I could have been so lucky but Brent was too much of a fuck up to let anyone have anything. "Seriously go."

"Summer." Brent sighed and tried to reach for me, but I pushed him off. "My fucking Summer, remember when it was just us." I hated the fact that he was bringing this up now, and the room suddenly felt too hot. "When we'd get drunk, I'd fuck you."

"Brent get out." I was trying my best to get him out, trying to shove him out the door with all my might. "What we had is over, and I'd like to forget about it." Right now I really wished he'd fall off the edge of the earth and leave forever because that's how screwed I was. Ace was listening to every word and I knew how bad his temper was. He wouldn't be able to stay back there much longer.

"But Summer, my beautiful perfect Summer, no one will ever take my place." And behind me I heard rustling, the sound of someone moving and I was pratically kicking Brent to get him out before Ace revealed that he was here. I felt physically sick like everything was about to come crashing down.

"Out, out, out." I screamed and he finally got it because he stumbled toward the door. He was about to say something else but I shoved the door in his face before he could. And he was pounding, yelling something but this time I didn't let him in. It wasn't like I could anyways because Ace was behind me, holding my body against the door.

"I could fucking kill him." He gripped my sides, squeezing just hard enough to make lean against him. "But then again, why the fuck was he here?" His fingers were trailing over my bare skin, leaving goosebumps where ever he touched. "Want to tell me Summer? Or do I need to fucking guess?"

"He was drunk, just showed up." I let out a gasp as he grasped my thigh, and I wanted him, even with my ex outside yelling. "Didn't know he was coming."

And then his hands were off, my whole body trembled in protest. "So why did fucking let him in?" Ace was glaring and I knew he was pissed, but it wasn't directed at Brent but rather at me. "You could have left him out there, but you didn't."

"He was screaming and banging on my door." I scoffed, crossing my arms and rolling my eyes. "I didn't want either one of us to get in trouble." And that was true, there was nothing more to it than that. At least for me but for Ace it was like I proved him right. I wasn't sure what exactly, but it was enough to make him want to leave.