7

Y/n
All
Freddie

"Listen, I understand", a man said to another.

"Hurry up", another said to a giggling woman.

"I understand that it's the policy of the BBC", the first man continued while Roger kept drumming the crash of the fake drums; annoyance on his face.

"We have procedures", the director said.

"This is shit!", shouted Roger, referring to his 'drums' and something he would never dare to admit.

"I need you to explain it to the band, please"

"Okay, let's make it quick"

"Y/n, Freddie, boys"

Freddie looked away from Mary, while Y/n looked away from Will.

"Look, chaps, it is going to be playback", the director said. "Lip sync is all that's required"

Brian, Roger and John all looked at the man weirdly.

"We do know how to play our instruments", Roger reasoned, while Y/n joined the three on the stage, straightening out her silky, sky blue, short dress.

"You want Y/n and I to lip sync?", asked Freddie, getting really close to the directors face.

"I don't understand why we can't play live", Brian said, taking his hand off of his Red Special.

"The audience will never know the difference"

"I'm terribly sorry, sir... but we do know the difference", Y/n said, soft and kind.

"Indeed! We'll know the bloody difference", Brian butted in again, his temper showing.

The rest nodded.

"This is the BBC. That's how things are done around here. All right? Don't be a nuisance"

"I actually always looked up to this show", Y/n mumbled, looking at Roger and then turning away.

"Freddie, it'll be great"

"You'll just have to make sure no one's looking at your lips", Mary said, walking up to her boyfriend.

"Well, the way things are a load of bullocks, old chap", mocked Roger.

Brian joined in. "This is the BBC"

Him, Roger and Y/n all laughed, as the latter put her chin on his shoulder. Tired.

Something that didn't go unnoticed for William.

"I'm relieved", John said, simply.

"You would be", Brian said finally.

"Look, perfect performance", John reasoned.

-

She's a killer queen
Gunpowder, gelatine, dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime!

Brian's prerecorded guitarsolo began playing, while he tried to make it as believable as possible.

Y/n was full on smiling and sometimes did some twirls, dancing around the small stage.

John was playing his bass, which, obviously, was also prerecorded.

Although Roger was annoyed, he tried to make it as least noticeable. Well, watching Y/n, it did brighton his mood.

Finally, Freddie... well... he was Freddie. The microphonestand was broken free as usual and he was bumping it against his pelvis.

"Number two, only above the waist", the director said, referring to Freddie's little show. "Number five,  whole body, not only the chest. Camera up and back! Camera two! No one wants to see this while they're eating their meal", he said, running out of the room, past a television that was showing Brian playing his guitar.

Drop of a hat, she's as willing as
Playful as a pussy cat

Queen was becoming bigger and bigger. From being known around London, they went to known around the country to all around Europe to more. Now, instead of playing for pubs, they were playing for bigger crowds.

Momentarily out of action, temporarily out of gas to absolutely drive you wild
Wild