10

The first crack.

"America?", William asked Y/n, confused, as the two sat in his apartment.

"America!", Y/n said happily, looking at him in excitement. "I even talked to school and I may finish this schoolyear earlier so that doesn't get in the way!"

"I- I don't understand", her boyfriend said, standing up and facing her. "You're just leaving?"

"W-well, it's just a couple of months... I- you can... you can go with me!"

"And leave my home, yeah, my ass", he replied annoyed.

"A-are you not happy for me?", Y/n asked.

William let out an exaggerated sigh, running his hand over his face. "Of course I'm happy for you"

His girlfriend nodded before getting up and walking to the kitchen.

Annoyed, William walked after her.

Y/n was standing at the kitchen counter, with trembling hands she was trying to clean the dishes.

The second crack.

"Oh, don't be dramatic", her boyfriend said, walking over to her, he grabbed some dirty glasses that were still standing on a nearby table and sat them on the counter. His girlfriend sighed, taking those glasses and starting to clean them.

"Why are you so pissed off?", Will asked after a while.

"I'm not pissed off, who said I was pissed off?"

William groaned. "Because you're acting pissed off, it's ridiculous. I'm just saying that it's weird that you're going to leave all of a sudden. You have a college degree to earn and you're just going to leave and take the chance of a good future away from yourself"

"I said I had talked about it to school, I can finish this year earlier and I may continue next year if I please"

"Why would you do that?! And anyway you're just going to leave me like I'm so piece of rubbage", he started shouting.

"I'm not leaving you like some piece of rubbage, 'cause I said you could join me!"

"Oh, come on, I can't just leave London!"

"Why not?! You don't want me to leave you, fine! You can join me, but you don't want that either! Is it because of that Heidi or something?"

William stiffened as he heard that, yet that went unnoticed for the woman as she was trying to hold back her tears.

"I don't know who Heidi is, love. You know that. But you want to know why I don't want you to go? Fine! That Taylor! That's why! You're probably hooking up with him while I'm gone"

Y/n turned around to face him in shock. "Roger?! Are you fucking kidding me?! Do you really assume me of cheating?!"

"Once I'm gone, yes! Yes, I do!"

The y/h/c haired girl's eyes filled with tears.

"Oh, don't look at me like that. That's so fucked up"

Y/n turned around, furiously wiping at her eyes.

"Of course I'm happy for you. Okay, I'm sorry you thought I wasn't proud of that achievement"

Her boyfriend murmered as he turned her around.

"I feel embarrassed", Y/n spoke, feeling like she had done everything wrong in this argument and that she was just being dramatic.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm. Sorry. I'm sorry", her boyfriend repeated over and over again into her hair as she held him.

She stared off into the distance as he held her.

-

Anytime now, he's gonna say this is love.

She thought, on the drivedown back to her own house.