40

"She's fantastic, I knew she'd be a star."

"She could be, she could be great. She could be a major star."

"She is a star, George."

"The biggest star in the universe right now as we speak. The director's got all kinds of things. The director's hot, he's hip, he's here. He's gonna be doing all types of things, he's gonna change the colour of the set. He's gonna change the lightning fro–"

"He's not gonna change a thing, George."

"If he touches one thing, he's gone! I swear, he's history."

"I wanna meet her."

"You got it! Any time, any place. Name anywhere, any street, you got it."

"Now."

That's how the dialogue began to Queen's new song.

Y/n was dressed in a pink dress, made after Marilyn Monroe's iconic 'Diamonds are a girl's best friend' dress.

"Yeah, he's still after me," Y/n said through the phone, a diamond necklace in front of her. "Just gave me a necklace, I don't know. I think it's real diamonds."

There was a silence as music played in the background.

"Yeah, he thinks he can impress me by giving me expensive gifts. It's nice though, do you want it?"

Some boys kiss me, some boys hug me, I think they're okay
If they don't give me proper credits?
I just walk away

Y/n was dancing and singing along while men around her danced, trying to 'impress' her.

They can beg and they can plead
But they won't see the light (that's right)
'Cause the boy with the cold hard cash is always mister Right

The persona Y/n had to play had just rejected a guy and got out of the car, only to find the boy who's obsessed with her standing there.

'Cause we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You know that we are living in a material world and I am a material girl

Y/n was being shown all types of jewelry, and looked at the camera with a smirk.

Some boys romance
Some boys slow dance
That's all right with me
If they can't raise my interest then I have to let them be

Some boys try
And some boy lie
But I won't let them play (no way)
Only boys that save their pennies make my rainy day

Y/n was carelessly taking away the jewelry of the dancers and once in a while looked at the camera again.

'Cause we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You know that we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl

Living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You know that we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl

The woman walked down the stair case while all types of jewelry and accessories were handed to her.

Material
Material, ah ah
Material

Boys may come and boys may go
And that's all right you see
Experience has made me rich
And now they're after me

Y/n winked at the camera.

'Cause everybody's living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You know that we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl

She threw around some money.

Living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You know that we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl

Ah ah
A material
A material
A material world

Material
Material, ah ah
Material
Material, ah ah

The guy who had been obsessed with the persona Y/n had to play in the video clip won her over at the end of the clip with a bouquet flowers and they ride away in his car.

"And cut!"

Y/n let out a sigh as she stepped out of the car and walked over to where Roger, Brian, John, Caspian, M/n and their new born baby Lunette were standing.

"Well, I'm curious what the public will think now that Freddie is not here in the clip."

-

The videoclip ended up everywhere. Everywhere you went in electronics shops, bill boards, everything, Y/n was seen with her videoclip.

She would be seen on little telly's, wherever.

So it wasn't a surprise when Freddie saw the clip too.

"They're still popular without me. She's doing really good," he said to Paul.

"Lighten up a bit, Freddie, your music will be more popular once we finish."

He looked sceptical, but nodded anyway, turning off the television.