19

A week into staying at Ridge Farm and the first argument was already started.

Roger, Brian and John were sat in the kitchen, the rest God knows where.

"Guys, I have a new song", Roger said, a smile on his face.

John and Brian looked at him expectingly.

"Well, let's see than!", Brian exclaimed, holding out his hand for his best friend to give the lyrics. Excitedly, the man reached in his backpocked, grabbing the paper where his lyrics were messily scribbled on.

The curly haired man raised an eyebrow at his best friend after reading the title.

"I'm in love with my car?", he asked.

Roger nodded, giving a toothy grin. "It's good, I swear"

Unconvinced, Brian started reading.

A machine of a dream, such a clean machine.
With a pistons a pumpin', and the hubcaps all gleam.
When I'm holding your wheel, all I hear is your gear.
When my hand's on your greasegun,
Oh, it's like a disease son.
I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile–

That's where Brian stopped, gave the paper to John and looked up. "What in the bloody hell was that?"

Roger's smile, who he had worn this whole intire time, fell. "What?", he asked quietly. "It's good..."

"You may find it good, yes, but nobody is gonna listen to this... this won't even do on the B side"

John snorted as he read through the lyrics, once in a while looking up at the man, shaking his head before looking down again.

The once disappointed man started fuming now. He walked over to the kitchen counter where he had layed down some food which he would prepare later on.

After two minutes of reading the lyrics thoroughly, John sat down the paper and looked at him, letting go of a sigh.

"Well?", Roger asked, looking at the one he would've thought to be on his side.

"Well... it's different..."

Now it was Roger's turn to sigh, he grabbed a knife and began cutting some bread.

"I've put my heart and soul into this song", Roger said, angrily continuing with cutting the food.

"No one is disputing that", John responded, looking at the fuming man.

"And you don't like it, because you want your songs on the album", he said pointingly, his finger raised.

"It's not that, Roger"

"Than what is it?", the man asked his best friend.

Brian sighed. "'I'm in love with my car'", was all he said, making John raise his fork as if telling Roger 'My point'.

The man who the song belonged to looked shocked at the two.

"Maybe it's not strong enough?"

"What does that even mean 'Not strong enough'?", he asked while Freddie entered.

"I know I'm late, what did I miss?", the latter asked curiously.

"Discussing Roger's car voice", John answered, smirking.

"Is it strong enough, is what I'm asking", Brian butted in. "If I'm on my own here, than I apologise"

"How does your new song go then, hmm?", Roger asked, grabbing the paper. "You call me sweet, like I'm some kind of cheese"