25

(Tw, smut, beginning and ending will be marked with: ** in case you want to skip it!)

"Here in the studio today singers, Frederick Mercury and Y/n Y/l/n!", the man of the radio said, while Paul, Mary and Roger were watching. "So what have you got today for us?"

He looked at the single in Y/n's hand. "You've got a little taste of the new record?"

"We're really not supposed to, y'know?", Freddie said.

"Forbidden fruit? Don't tempt me", the man grabbed the single and scrunched his eyebrows together. "Oh... I'm In Love With My Car..."

Y/n laughed. "No, no, the other side, honey", she said, looking at Roger, who was smirking a bit.

"Bohemian Rhapsody"

"I didn't know Freddie knew Kenny so well...", muttered Mary, looking at Roger and Paul.

"The BBC won't play it", said her boyfriend inside the studio.

"Neither did I", Paul smiled, but Roger looked down.

"No-one will play it on the radio, so EMI won't release it"

"What's wrong with this song?", Kenny asked, after having placed the single on the record player.

"Nothing is wrong with it at all", Y/n smiled. "Except that it's six minutes long"

"Six minutes?"

"Oh, you'd have to be mad to play it"

"You'd have to be bonkers", the man looked at Y/n with a sly smile.

"I forbid it", Freddie smirked.

"Let's hear it", Kenny said, as the three raised their glasses. "Lady's and lady's a capital radio exclusive for the first time ever: Bohemian Rhapsody"

Mary watched as Kenny placed the needle on the record and Freddie and Kenny began their conversation, Y/n walking over to Roger.

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

"... contrived"

Caught in a landslide

"... meandering and meaningless"

No escape from reality

"... they use instrumental effects which hint at opera in the same way that bad movie music palely evokes the symphony"

Open your eyes look up to the skies and see

"... a song that should sink to the bottom of the sea and never heard from again"

And what did Queen do?

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Not listen of course!

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?

Everyone loved them! They loved Freddie, they loved Y/n, they loved Roger, they loved Brian, they loved John and most importantly... they loved Queen!

So you think you can love me and leave me to die?

Oh baby! Can't do this to me baby!