14

The next day Y/n woke up and felt... close to nothing, except the pain. Her make-up from the day before was smeared all over her face, both from crying and from sleeping. Her pillow was stained with the mascara. She hadn't changed out of the clothing from the night before.

She could hear banging from the outside of her bedroom door. Confused Y/n got up and walked out of her bedroom. The banging was coming from her front door.

Even more confused as to who the fuck would be banging on her door that early on in the day, she peeked through the peephole and there stood Roger. A distressed Roger.

"What the fuck?", Y/n mumbled, as she unlocked her door and she was immediately met with a newspaper shoved in her face.

"What happened?", Roger asked as he closed the door.

Y/n looked at the frontline.

The Loser in the End?

On the side was a picture of her, tears on her face.

'Queen's frontlady spotted near – presumably– her house in Kensington. The gorgeous woman was found crying on the busy streets looking after a man who was walking away. Is miss perfect not s—'

Just by reading that part she already had enough, she shoved back the newspaper in Roger's hands and walked to her couch.

The man followed closely behind her, sitting next to her and looking at her.

"What happened, love?", he asked in concern.

"William and I broke up", she responded, tears forming in her eyes again.

Roger raised his eyebrows. "Oh?"

"He came here and acted all weird so I asked him what was wrong. He told me about him not fitting into my 'new' world and that we just don't fit together. Then he said something about seeing how this would end up, but I had enough and shouted at him, telling him to just break up. Eventually I broke up with him and ran after him, because I didn't want this to actually end", she sniffled as she finished.

"Come here", Roger opened his arms and pulled her into them, stroking her back.

The woman in his arms began to cry softly.

"Maybe this was for the best... you did tell me things haven't been going well for a while between you too"

"I guess I should've broken off things earlier on... but... but I love him you know, so much. And the shitty part is... he doesn't love me back"

Roger looked at her in shock. Did she honestly love him? After all the shit he put her through.

"I knew from the start that this he'd leave like this exactly... stupid, emotional, obsessive little me I guess", she mumbled.

"Hey, don't say that. You're wonderful, okay? Absolutely wonderful. He's an idiot for being such an ass to you. Any guy would be lucky to have you"

"But I was stupid and over emotional. I read all of his stupid self-help books so he'd think that I was smart"

Roger glanced over to her as she talked.

"At least I have good reasons to write shitty heartbreak songs", she said finally, sitting back up and wiping the tears off her face.

"Your boyfriend and you just broke up and all you think about is how you're gonna write great songs?"

"Yeah"

"You're unbelievable", he chuckled, stroking her hair.

"What?", she asked, smiling. "I'm an emotional writer"

"As if we couldn't tell yet by Idontwannabeyouanymore or July", Roger said, chuckling and nudging her playfully.

"Those were indeed my emotional writing moments", Y/n smiled a bit.

"Hey, there's that gorgeous smile!"

The smile grew as she shook her head.

"You're an idiot Roger Taylor"