22

Once all recordings were done, the band had time left to do things they loved. John spending time with his now fiancé and his little son. Brian spend time with Chrissy, Freddie with Mary. And Y/n and Roger? They spend all time they could together. Just like today. The second-last day they thought it would nice to have a little trip to a fair.

"I'm so excited!", the lady exclaimed as they sat in Roger's car. Roger smiled as he gripped tighter onto the steering wheel. Y/n readjusted her headband as she looked outside.

Soft tunes from the Beatles were playing in his car, the song Strawberry Fields Forever was playing.

Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me

"Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to strawberry fields... nothing is real. And nothing to get hung about. Strawberry fields forever", Y/n sang along softly, making Roger sigh out in delight. He had always loved her voice, just like everyone else it seemed. In the last weeks of their stay at Ridge Farm, Y/n and Roger had spent their nights together. When he couldn't sleep she would softly sing to him, Blackbird, Lavenders Blue, Its Been A Long Long Time, Dream A Little Dream, So This Is Love, any sweet tunes she could think of in the moment. It alwayd seemed to lul him to sleep.

God, how he wished that he could fall asleep to that voice every night of his life. For that he would have to finally confess to her and he had tried. A lot of times actually, but every single time something or someone disturbed him. Brian, Susan, a fucking dog.

He figured that he should finally confess really soon, yet he didn't know when.

If Roger was quite frank, he thought Y/n was just an oblivious idiot. He lend her his hoodies, he made every afford to lightly touch her, be with her, yet she didn't seem to notice how fucking badly he loved her.

The woman was grinning like a little child in a sweetshop as they neared the fair. It was late in the night, meaning the lights were turned on. Roger didn't know whether this was a date or not. He did ask her if she would want to go out with him, only him and she agreed. In his eyes, it definitely was a date, but he didn't know what Y/n thought of it.

The loud booming music could be heard from afar, which only grew louder once they got nearer.

They parked at a parkinglot not far away from the fair.

"Roggie, come on!", Y/n exclaimed trying to pull him along, but he was trying to grab his polaroid camera. "Do you really need that?"

"Yes", he responded, finally letting himself get dragged along.

A large grin spread on Y/n's face once they arrived at the fair. She could smell all the sweet food there, could hear all the music, could see the rides and the little booths.

"What first?", Roger asked, readjusting the strap of his camera.

She looked around, what would they do first? A smirk formed on her lips as she nodded towards a Wild Mouse ride. Roger shook his head.

"Love, you know that I don't like this"

"You can hold my hand if you are really that scared of this"

Even fucking children could go on this ride, why couldn't a grown man?

Roger pondered for a few moments before nodding. "Alright"

And so they made their way to the queue, which was pretty long. Y/n was still grinning from ear to ear, a thing Roger really loved, so he grabbed his camera facing it towards her while she didn't look. The sound of snapping caught her attention and she turned to him.