Chapter 49: Memories

JARED'S POV

"I KNOW that I will find you here,"

I smirked at Winston and gave him a beer in a can. He sat next to me and stared at the green scenery in front. We're now sitting in a small cottage in front of my potato farm.

"It's almost harvest time," makahulugang sabi ko.

"So what's the plan? I got news from your uncle."

I stiffened. "We will find him first."

"Ano ang balita kay Fujisawa? What happened to her after all those years?"

"I haven't talked to her again. Winston."

Winston tapped my arm. "Do you want me to locate her? We can easily do that now that she's here in the Philippines."

"No need. I know where to find her."

"Should I call everyone?"

Hindi ako sumagot. The situation is still unclear and complicated. I haven't talked to her properly. I also need to find tito Leandro first. We couldn't locate him since that day. Tila naglakbay naman ang isipan ko sa buong pangyayari nang araw na iyon.

"MY FAULT? It's you who killed them Ken!" I paused from entering tito Leandro's room when I heard his shout. I have this strong gut feeling that he's talking about my parents. Hindi ko gusto ang nararamdaman ko lalo na at narinig ko ang pangalan ng papa ni Shana.

"You're related to that killer. I told you to be careful and guess what? Your daughter is even dating my nephew. Ano sa tingin mo ang mangyayari kung malaman ni Jared na ang dakilang si Ken Fujisawa ang pumatay sa mga magulang niya?"

Nanlamig ang buong katawan ko sa narinig. Hindi ako halos makapaniwala sa narinig. Alam kong hindi ordinaryong tao si Tito Ken pero hindi ko inisip kahit kailan na konektado siya sa pamilya ko. As I stood there, I felt a sense of anger wrapping around my entire being. Without any hesitation, I opened the door to confront my uncle.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Nabitin ang pagsasalita ng tito niya at sinabunutan ang buhok. "Great! Now, he knows."

Pinatay nito ang tawag. I aggressively pulled his collar. I wanted to punch his face right now. He knew everything from the start. "What was that?"

"What else? He killed your parents."

I landed a punch on his face. Rage pulsed through my veins, and I knew I could kill him on the spot. "Did you kill them? Did you get him to do the dirty work?"

Tumayo ito at pinahid ang dugo sa gilid ng labi. "That's very rude of you. Why don't you ask him?" tila nanghahamon na sabi nito.

I could feel my heart race, and I'm seeing red. I punched my uncle once again. Naramdaman kong pinigilan ako ng mga tauhan niya. I screamed furiously and wreaked havoc in the office, destroyed the paintings on the wall, and threw all the items inside the office that I saw. My body trembled with rage, and it went on for an hour. At that moment, nothing else mattered to me. I felt betrayed. How could they do this to me? Tears started flowing down my cheeks, and I never dared to wipe them. I remembered Shana. How can I face her now?

Just then, my phone received a chat notification. I picked it up and checked the message. It's from Shana, and she was looking for me. Mapakla akong tumawa. What should we do now, my saru?

Nanatili akong nakayuko ng ilang minuto bago naisipang tumayo. I wanted to confront that man. I drove my car and went to the flower shop, but he's not there. I checked their house, but Nila said he's not there as well. My jaw clenched. Tinatakasan niya ba ako?