o8. seventeen

SEVENTEEN

Lenora's birthday was slowly closing in on us, and that would bother me, if I'd forgotten to buy her a present which I hadn't. Although, I did have to remember to buy her one during the summer as of us being at Hogwarts on her birthday and so I wasn't really able to get her anything she'd like for her birthday from Hogsmeade. Unless she just wanted butterbeer.

The affect that last night had on me was one I couldn't quite explain to the point in which I understood. It was confusing, really. The amount of emotions I felt and realisations that occurred had me questioning almost everything about my somehow chaotic, mess of a life.

It was currently breakfast and I was sitting in the great hall with Lena as I took a large gulp of water. The three slytherin boys we now sat with often were sat a few people down, not allowing us to be able to speak, which was honestly a relief for me.

As I placed down my empty goblet, I looked over at where the trio were sat talking about something unknown to me whilst eating their food, not as much as they normally ate though. And my eyes, once again, met with the infamous Theodore Nott. His lips unwillingly parted as his tired eyes met with mine, and I couldn't stop mine from mimicking his action. However, it wasn't long lasted, as Blaise took the opportunity to get Theodore's attention and talk to him about something, leaving me staring at Theodore without even realising it.

"Hey, are you okay?" Lenora shook me out of my thoughts, leading me to blink once before turning to face her. Lena's hair was curled today, and it was extremely noticeable to almost everyone who knew her, because it was always straight. But to be fair, it suited the fuck out of her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I incoherently acknowledged.

The party wasn't for another two days, but Lena was already beginning to get her few decorations set up and her outfit ready, yet I hadn't even chosen what I was going to be wearing yet.

But I was already sure this party was going to be fun, even though it was just for the sixth years who knew Lenora, I knew something was likely to happen.

•─────⋅ ⋅─────

Lenora had done her fairest duty as my best friend and had ever so kindly helped me pick out my outfit for the party that was to be held that night in the slytherin common room for her seventeenth.

The black, satin, lace corset top and black mini-skirt were a perfect combo, if I'd say so myself. I'd worn excessive jewellery that night, I wasn't overloaded but two silver necklace's, three silver bracelets, along with an irrelevant hair bobble, and of course, several rings. Jewellery is so fucking tempting.

Lena was busy downstairs setting up, as I had just been helping her but she instisted on me coming up her to get ready. There wasn't a lot to even set up downstairs, but she was taking her time.

The hour of waiting passed by in the flick of a switch, and the party had begun. It was past ten o'clock so all fifth years and under had headed off to rest their intelligent heads whilst our night had only just begun.

"Hey, Flo, come down!" Lenora demanded, swinging open our dormitory door. I silently obeyed with an excited smile on my face and followed her as she joyfully ran back to the common room.