45. secrets

SECRETS

"For the love of Salazaar, wake up!" Blaise exclaimed, whilst groaning and throwing his head back as if he was in agony.

"Excuse me?" Florence's head whipped to the side at the strange comment as the two of them passed a trio of first years in the corridor on their way to History of Magic. "Blaise, don't tell me you're sleepwalking?"

"What?" For a moment, Blaise seemed to forget he had even said anything, but then it clicked. "Oh! No, no, not again." He shook his head.

"Well then, care to explain what the hell that was about?" Florence questioned.

"It's nothing." Blaise sighed and shook his head, waving it off.

"Okay?" Florence knitted her eyebrows, expressing her confusion.

Blaise groaned again, tightly holding both of the straps of his backpack, pulling them downwards so his bag lifted up slightly on his back as he threw his head forward, this time.

Florence turned to look at Blaise again, "Blaise, are you okay?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

"We have herbology today." He stated the obvious, straightening his posture again as they continued to walk through the corridor past the courtyard.

"Yes, you do. I don't do herbology anymore, though." Florence reassured. She wasn't so sure what was really going on at this point so she just went along with it. It was Blaise, here. She loved him for it though, he was an extremely interesting and fun person to be around. Most of the time...

"Florence, I expect better of you at this point in our friendship. You should know I don't like herbology," He told her, faking being hurt but internally he really was annoyed. Just as Florence opened her mouth and was about to speak, he beat her to it. "Do you know why I don't like herbology?"

"We-" Florence began but, once again, was interrupted by the irritated boy she was walking with.

"I don't like dirt." He told her, with no explanation so far.

"Why don't you like dirt?" Florence asked him, thankful that she had finally managed to get a word in after being interrupted by Blaise the last two times she tried to speak.

"It's dirty." He declared.

"Dirt does tend to be dirty, most of the time." Florence stated sarcastically.

"Yes, Florence. I don't like dirt because it's dirty. It gets on my robes and in my eyes. The only good thing is it makes Draco look even more homeless than he already does with his greasy blond strands." Blaise firmly emphasised. The response made Florence wonder if she had really said what she thought she'd said because, from what he said, it sounded as if she questioned him about his feelings towards dirt, when she didn't.

Florence thought about it for a second before looking away from her friend and raising her eyebrows slightly, "Yeah, you've got a valid point." She agreed.

"I know." Blaise scowled at her at the obvious fact. Although, when he was going to face forward, a familiar face caught his eye and he looked back at Florence to see if she had amos noticed him. And, of course, she already had.