41

She waited at home with Deja and Zander while her parents were at the police station.

" I'm so sorry this is happening to you Rav, I know you loved him, I know he didn't groom you."

Raven didn't say anything she just kept looking at Zander's smiling face.

That night at the hospital he was diagnosed with children's sleep apnea, they kept him overnight and that's the same night her mother was so furious she checked her phone, then in a flash it was over.

Now Gio is being charged and the court date is tomorrow morning. The whole school knows now, she missed prom, she's getting her diploma in the mail now instead of walking across the stage and her teachers are sending her the last bit of work via email.

Deja's been here every day comforting her. Raven told her parents the truth that she wanted it but her parents went into a blind rage.

" I can't let Gio take the fall for this." She finally spoke.

" What are you going to do?" Deja followed Raven into her room. " Im going to go against no parents, and I need your help."

" damn you're brave girl, but I'm in."

....

In court that morning Gio is walking out in a suit and handcuffs and as he looks over to Raven she gave Gio a nod.

Gio knew she was up to something and he shook his head, silently begging her to let him take this fall so she could lead a normal life again.

Deja was sitting behind Raven with a smirk on her face. Gio would know be losing this case today.

" Giovanni Mariano, you are behind being accused of grooming 18-year-old Raven Davis." Raven flinches at the word and can't stand to look at her parents in the crowd.

She sat on her side of the court with her lawyer and herself. Gio doing the same. But her parents were on her side telling her to go against someone she loves.

After the swearing-in, the witnesses started rolling through and Raven finally stood up, making her way to the stand.

" Your name is Raven Davis correct?"

" yes," Raven answered. " would you say you were sexually assaulted and groomed by Mr. Mariano?"

" No." she could already see the anger on her parent's faces and the proud look on Deja's face and the shocked look on Gio's face.

He once told her to let him take the fall if shit hits the fan, even when he made her promise to him she knew she would break that promise if this happened.

"Gio has never done anything to me without my consent, I am 18 and can make my own decisions."

" In the texts, you can see he never forced me into anything, our relationship was never one-sided."

" objection honor." Her own lawyer said. "overruled."

"If Gio has ever done something to me without my consent was make me fall in love with him. He is sweet, funny, he's a guy that anyone can get along with, he's only ever tried to make me feel comfortable in his presence, and to let my parents force me to lie about our relationship is cruel to not only him but me as well. And to not love him is the true crime."