Chapter 84

Laci's pov
Chris kept insisting that i should rest today and that he would handle everything. I didn't know if he was doing this to make up for last night, but i didn't mind because it gave me enough time to deal with some paperwork. Having to write a speech for the press about Layne, helping Pearl Jam with their next album, and dealing with Screaming Trees' tour schedule. It wasn't stressful at all, in fact it was pretty relaxing in my opinion, but Chris saw things differently. His eyes widened when he saw me dealing with Screaming Trees' tour schedule, "You uh, sure you want to work on that right now?"he asked nervously. I gave him a confused look as i looked at the papers, then him, then at the papers again, and then back at him. "well..."i put them away,"i guess i could work on it later, "Chris sighed out of relief.

"i'll have to call Mark about it though."he gave me a nervous look again,"look,honey..."he sat next to me and sat Lily up on his lap."I know work is important and everything...but do you think you could maybe take things easy like you did for Lily?"i gave him a look,"I mean, we don't even know if we're having a boy or a girl!"he exclaimed."ok first off,i wasn't that busy when i was pregnant with Lily. Second, i 100% believe we're having a girl."i listed,"i'll admit, you being overprotective is cute."he blushed in embarrassment . "i'm not being embarrassing!"he squeaked, Lily and i both began to giggle.