NEXT LEVEL Was Supposed To Be AESPA's? Here's SUNNY's Explanation

NEXT LEVEL Was Supposed To Be AESPA's? Here's SUNNY's ExplanationDecember 17, 2024

December 17, 2024. Written by Jung Hye-ri.

"It was originally made for AESPA and not me."

Yup, you heard it perfectly, clearly right. SUNNY revealed in a magazine interview after she was questioned about her song, Next Level which SUNNY herself calls it as an experimental music.

Back in 2021, SUNNY dropped a single which has a very new beat and rhythm and pitch for all of her fans. But it received quite a backlash at first.

However after a few days, the song rose to the top of the Korean charts and later on, charts all over the world. Until it came to the limit that the Korean government had to ban the song from being played during the Korean National Exam because the lyrics and beat were so addictive that students couldn't stop themselves from singing it every single time.

During a magazine interview, SUNNY revealed, "Next Level was not for me at the first place. It was for AESPA."

She continued to explain that she was one of the producer and lyricist of the song but then, some of the producer didn't liked how the song was sang by AESPA even though SUNNY thought it was a hit. So, the producer gave it to SUNNY instead.

That explains why Next Level contains lyrics such as "Black Mamba", "Kwangya" and many more. It was definitely SM's song. It also explains why SM's producers were credited in it, including Lee Soo Man himself.

SUNNY also added that she really wanted to give the song back to AESPA because the song should've been AESPA's and Next Level supposed to be the continuation of Black Mamba.

What do you think? Should SUNNY give the song back to AESPA? How do you think AESPA would sing it?

COMMENTS

username I can't imagine how AESPA would sing it.

username I guess we've guessed it earlier.

username Yeah, yeah. We know it was AESPA's.

username I liked how SUNNY sang it.

username I honestly want to keep SUNNY's version of Next Level too.