File 52: The One with the Set Up

Read the author's note at the end please. Don't forget to vote and comment too x

Zayn

My fingers unlatched the suitcase and lifted the top, revealing several sets of cameras and high-tech gear for listening from a distance. It's been a week and Rick has finally decided to meet up with Ethan Crawford in the building across from a row of apartments we were standing in.

"You know how to work all of this, right?" Louis asks and I nod my head, pulling a stand out of it's place and setting it down in front of the big window, "You're asking someone who's worked with breaking into security cameras and systems in general. Being your guys' geek had it's perks." I smiled and he shrugs, playing with one of the lenses, not knowing what it was exactly.

He nearly drops it before my hands reacted and caught it before it hit the floor, "Louis." Looking him straight in the eye, he puts both his hands up in defense and walks towards the window, staring out of it with his hands pushed into his pockets.

"I'll leave you to do your job, nerd." He grins, kicking his shoes off as he plops on the couch, "When is Liam and Niall getting here with food, I'm-" He pauses in the middle of his sentence when a young woman walks out the bedroom and into the kitchen.

His eyes shift towards me then to her, repeating the process with curiosity, "Louis, this lovely girl is Josie. She was the only person nice enough to let us use her apartment for this investigation." I smile and he scratches the back of his head and I laugh, setting the camera onto the stand.

"And you are...?" She smiles, walking up to Louis with a bowl of cereal in her hands.

"Louis." He clears his throat, making room for her on the couch. "This is a great home, is it yours?" She puts her bowl down to shake his hand. But instead, he casually takes her hand and kisses the top of it.

"No, I just happen to eat, sleep, and breathe in this house for long periods of time. But it's not mine though, that's for sure." She giggles, taking a seat and turning the TV on, switching through several channels until she reached the cartoon section, "Sarcasm. I like you already." He grins and she laughs, crossing her legs like a child on colored carpet in the first grade.

My gaze averts away from them and back to the equipment I had to put together. Focusing was a little difficult since my left eye was still swollen from the beating; only a small amount of vision was allowed from it. My right eye squinted as I connected the wires with their complementary colors, sitting cross-legged on the floor. I licked my bruised lip as I felt it start to become dry and I stand up, bringing the last of the camera stands up to connect.

There's knocking at the door, but I leave it for Louis to answer, "Finally," I hear him say and I can only assume that it's the food he's been waiting for, "You're not who I expected."

"Shut up, Tomlinson. Ethan is here, get him geared up quick because unfortunately, we're running out of time." I hear Ariana and I turn to greet her with a smile and she returns it as she approaches me with a firm grip on Ethan's coat, "I don't know if you guys have met each other yet, but Ethan this is Zayn and Zayn this is-"

"-Ethan, yeah I get it." I'm anxious and slightly push Ethan aside to get to her, chewing on my swollen lip and wincing a bit, "And...Harry?" I asked and she seems to smile at the sound of his name, yet her facial expression falls all at once and I understand why. She turns her attention towards the door as if she was looking for someone before facing me again, "He should be...Oh there he is." She smiles once he walks through the door pushing keys into his pockets and making his way towards Louis on the couch, introducing himself to Josie with a welcoming tone.