File 28: The One with a World Without you

.

.

- Ariana -

.

.

"Stop worrying, Ashton. We're okay, we just got to Harry's place." I assured him through the phone with a smile as I got the bed ready for Harry and I to sleep in, "I'm sorry for leaving without an explanation, but everything was so sudden and rushed that there wasn't any time for goodbyes. Plus, neither of us had a phone..." I say.

"You could've borrowed a phone." He replies and I roll my eyes, taking a seat at the edge of my bed. Putting the phone on speaker, I lie the phone to the side as I pull my shirt over my head and grab one of Harry's that he had laid out for me moments ago, "I thought you would've thought to do something like that, yeah?" I hear the shower water turn on - Harry was taking a shower because I told him that he smelled and he refused to sleep in the same bed as me and force me to drown in the stink all night.

"Borrowing phones is shit luck, I borrowed one the other night and Zayn was able to find us." He hums in agreement and I quickly decide to change the subject, "Oh! Ashton, I need you and the guys to read into some follow ups for Rick and his bitch-clique. Try to find out their locations, they have one of our guys and we need him as soon as possible." I stood up and pulled a pair of sweats Styles had left for me to wear as well up and left it to loosely cling to my waist.

"Is that Ariana?" I hear in the back.

"No." He replies.

"Yes it is, why are you lying to me?"

"I'm not lying to you, go away."

"Give me the fucking phone."

"Stop swearing! No, Michael, sto—" His sentence is interrupted with the phone being fumbled with, loud thumps being heard moments after, "Stop it, give me the phone, Michael!" He screams and his voice sounds distant - Michael won.

"Hi." Michael speaks casually as if that had not just happened, "How's it going? Let's talk about puppies," I laugh, pulling the sheets back and preparing the pillows.

"It's going pretty good, I guess and...puppies?" I ask.

"Michael, give the phone back." Ashton returns and so does the fighting.

"Go away, I'm having a wonderful conversation about puppies with her, back the fuck off!" A loud thud is heard and he sighs, "So, what's your favorite kind of breed? I think huskies are pretty cool, they look like wolves."

"Uh, yeah." I couldn't help but to laugh.

"She could care less about your puppy topics, Michael. Give me the damn phone back," Wow, I'm friends with the most strangest people in the world.

"I'll give the phone back to you if you let me have your last slice of pizza."

"No, Michael, that's mine."

"At least share it with me." He pushes.

"You know what I'd like to share with you?" Ashton says, I hear Mike hum which signals him for to continue the conversation, "A moment of silence."

It's quiet for a second. "Whatever, I'm having it anyway. Bye, Ari, we'll continue our conversation later." And with that, the phone is handed back to Ashton and he's yelling after him, not wanting his pizza to be eaten.

"Anyway... Mike and Ike are on it, we'll find Rick's location in no time." He says and I raise a brow.

"Who the fuck is Mike and Ike, are you talking about the candy?" I ask and he chuckles.