File 9: The One with the Captivity

Styles

Why does she feel the need to lie to me? Especially right to my face. I'm no idiot, I know when a girl is lying, but I'm not going to play this game with Grande - not this time. I turn on my heel without saying another word, resting my hand upon the doorknob. I turn it slightly, but first I had to say one last thing.

"Ariana?" I don't bother looking at her, I just stare at the knob that has become more interesting by the minute. "If we're going to be partners, we have to be honest with each other." I sigh before pressing my lips into a line, furrowing my brows. I then swing the door open wide enough for me to get through it and shut it right behind me. I lean against the rails that trailed along the hallway that prevented people from falling, prior to this being the second floor at this motel. My fingers wrap around the railing tightly, knuckles growing white as my breathing quickened.

The fact that she's trying so hard to keep this from me proves how desperate she is for me not to remember. I remember though, and she can't do anything about it. I remember the kisses we shared, the love we made, the moments we had, and there was no way I can forget that. But I want to know what made me forget all of this in the first place. We loved each other, how could I forget such a thing? That's what made this whole situation quite suspicious. There was no way a man could forget one of his first loves, that's impossible.

My thoughts were all put on pause once I heard a door creek open, but I didn't bother to see who it was. I just stared ahead, my chest rising and falling due to everything that has happened.

In this moment, my thoughts were completely pushed away once arms snaked around my torso from behind, leaning their head against my upper back and sighing softly. "I'm sorry." Grande whispers, pressing a soft kiss to my shoulder.

With her unexpected kiss, my grip upon the rails loosens and breathing calms. "I know that it's hard to understand," She continues, another kiss following after her words. "but I need you to bare with me on this."

I inhale deeply, my head lowering as I stared at the ground blankly. "Harry," She says softly, I then turn my head and peer over my shoulder to find big brown eyes staring up at me. "It's all so much for me too, not just you. And I promise, when I'm ready... I'll tell you."

"Tell me?" I finally speak and she nods in response, "You'll answer all my questions too?"

"Mhm," She says with a smile plastered onto her face, a set of dimples being shown. "I'll tell you everything and I'll answer your... Questions." She shifts.

"Alright," I say, slowly turning my body so that I am now facing her. Her arms are still secured around my torso, and I'm still surprised she hasn't bothered to pull them away.

"Just promise me something," She says, the pads of her finger tips tracing the outlines of my lips. "Promise that you'll stay the night with me, this hotel is a bit off to me."

I immediately fall into a fit of laughter and she smacks my chest in a playful manner. "What?!" I say. She then gives in and laughs, she buries her face into the nape of my neck to hide her smile.

I like this side of her, so sweet and playful. What happened inside of the room to make her come after me? What was she thinking of, it had to be something that had changed her mind greatly. "Come on, let's get back inside." She smiles, her fingertips tracing the patterns upon my bare chest.

"I hope you know that we won't be getting any sleep tonight," She sends a wink my way, and instantly dirty thoughts flood into my mind. Jesus Christ, she's so hot. Her small hand then wraps around my wrist, dragging me back into her hotel room and shutting the door right behind the two of us.